Canada-Ontario

Bachelorette/girls weekend in Toronto?

Hey Everyone!

Did any one do their bachelorette weekend / girls weekend in downtown toronto?

What did you do?  Where did you stay?  How much did it cost  (per person)?
Any recommendations for what a group of girls can do downtown?

Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bachelorette/girls weekend in Toronto?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friends and I live in Toronto so we had it here :)

Mine consisted of:
    1. Novo Spa - highly recommend
    2. Aradia Fitness pole dancing lesson - so much fun!
    3. Dinner but I forgot the name of the restaurant
    4. Drinks at Devil's Martini - they are very friendly to bachelorette parties! But we didn't stay long because I've kind of outgrown clubbing

I'm not sure how much everything cost as my BMs and friends paid for everything. I think the massage, mani and pedi at the spa must have cost $150+ all together, and dinner was a reasonably placed price, like $20-$30 pp. The club had $10 cover maybe. Don't know about the pole dancing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds wicked!
    I told my sister about the pole dancing....
    Did you stay downtown after Devil's Martini?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I live downtown so I just went home.

There are lots of hotels though... maybe try the Courtyard Marriott. It's not too expensive for being in a non-sketchy area.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing mine at FI's cottage in Muskoka, but I've been to a few bachlorette parties in the city.  

Elmwood Spa or St. Anne's spa are great (but on the pricey side), and gone to The Fifth Supper Club, Devil's Martini, and This is London for dinner/dancing.  

The Hilton, the Intercontinental on Front, and the King Eddy are places I've stayed - all great.  For hotels, I would use hotwire.com for a really good deal (never been disappointed when I've used it).
  • mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Devil's is always a good time.  I think that's where we will go.  It is 25+ but if you have some younger girls coming along they usually let them in.  Crowd is great, music is always good.
    Monique
  • edited December 2011
    I just went to one last weekend, we did dinner at Spice Route (amazing, seriously delicious) and dancing at Brant House.  The girls who got hotel rooms stayed at the Royal York, (I think they go at special rate) but otherwise I second Littlin's recommendation of hotwire.

Cover was only $10, dinner was a bit more than normal because we did the chef's tasting menu and just shared a ton of wine.
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls threw me a surprise stagette.

They rented out a suite at the Hilton Garden Inn (on Dundas and Jarvis) and had a big party there in the evening, with tonnes of games and drinks. Then we went over to the Fifth Social (formerly Easy & the Fifth) and got wasted some more. I don't think there was cover (call for guest list) but we had to get there pretty early. It filled up pretty quick though. The bouncer/manager/owner (??) came and bought us drinks too.

I don't remember what the music was but iit was a lot of fun! It's a big place so there were lots of people, and 2 other brides there. We cabbed back to the hotel and crashed!
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh! The bridal party paid for the food, games, cake, the drinks, etc. at the hotel, but the girls who stayed over paid about $30 a person for the room I think, and there were about 8-10 of us.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ miellen
    What kind of music did the fifth play?
    Also: what was in the suite?  two rooms, kitchenette?

Thanks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @JessS55
    What was the music like at Brant?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • suellen2bwedsuellen2bwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends what you like, the musical Wicked is coming back, it is a great chick show and you'll feel so energized when you come out to go dancing.
  • edited December 2011
    I have a hotel suggestion - The Grand. It's in the financial district, about a 20 minute walk from the Eaton Center. My ex and I used to stay there once or twice a year and just loved it. I suggested it for my sister's bachelorette party if we decide to do it in T.O.  They have 2 rooftop hot tubs that are open all night as far as I remember and the view is to die for! The rooms all have a king size bed and a pull out couch so you could easily fit 5 girls in one room. There is an amazing breakfast in the morning and it has a beautiful pool. I can't really remember the cost but I think it was about $120.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THe grand could be a good option
    thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards