Canada-Ontario
Options

Catholic Churches in Mississauga?

Re: Catholic Churches in Mississauga?

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erm, I don't know how close this is to you... but my old pastor Fr. Pat went to St. Marguerite d'Youville in Brampton. He's wonderful!

But also, I don't know how much he is directly involved in the RCIA process either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also a very good friend of mine works at St. Joseph's in Streetsville. All I know about the church and the pastor is what she's told me but he sounds like a cool guy. (My friend is Oriana, who's listed on the website as the Lay Pastoral Associate.) They're connected to UTM so it sounds like they have quite a vibrant youth ministry, which is always a good sign.

http://www.stjosephsstreetsville.com/
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    nmcarthurnmcarthur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the reccomendations, I'll look into it! Streetsville is close for us.
  • Options
    Lauryan26Lauryan26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also clarify with your church to make sure that they are okay with him going elsewhere.  I just completed the RCIA process at the Easter Vigil this year and it was required of me to do it at the church we attended regularly and were to be married at.  I should also mention that this was my fiance's home church as I was raised Anglican.  He needed to be a member of the church for 3 months for us to set a date and the RCIA process to even begin for me

Otherwise it as a very rewarding experience and I am very happy to be going forward with us both being Catholics in our marriage and for our future family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards