Canada-Ontario

Cost for Day-of Wedding Planner?

Hi ladies,
I received a ballpark quote from a day-of wedding planner that my photog highly recommended. It was $1800 to $2200. This includes an assistant.
My sister paid $3000 ($50/hour) for an event planner to help with the rehearsal, day of (+ assistant), brunch post-wedding and I'm sure a million other details. She got the job done but left much to be desired in the personality department.
What is a reasonable cost?
I have no doubt the $1800-$2200 planner is excellent, I just wonder what the "average" going rate would be...
Thanks in advance for your insights!

Re: Cost for Day-of Wedding Planner?

• Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Witty,

If you're just looking for a Day of Coordinator - I recommend Leena from Let's Party Consultants.  Her website is http://www.letspartyconsultants.com. Her pricing for Day of Services start at $500 and up depending on what you need her to do.  I've hired her to assist me with obtaining and negotiating a venue and will also be using her for Day of Coordination services.  She can make a custom package for what your needs are as every bride is different.

If you're looking for personality, then you'll love Leena.  She's amazing and has already saved us a lot of money too!

Let me know if you have any questions.
  • ringgirl3ringgirl3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From my research, most Day-Of-Wedding Coordinators range from $500-$1000.  Most of them bring an assistant, and you get them for the rehearsal and the entire day of the wedding.  if you have a budget set, they will work with you so you can stay within your budget.
  • orlykahnorlykahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!
    if you want some suggestions for people in the $500-$1000 range - shoot me an email. i'd be glad to help! i know a few!
    orlygoldakahn@gmail.com
    Orly Kahn *Makeup Artist* www.orlykahn.carbonmade.com
  • colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid $1300. It included 2 mtgs, all the emails I wanted, schedule for the day of, rehearsal and entire wedding day until everyone wass gone.
  • colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah, and an assistant too.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!  I really appreciate your advice :)
    Colourz, who did you book as your day-of?
  • achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW! I'm paying 750 for my DOC and that includes an assistant up until the end of dinner and the planner will stay until the very end and help the decorator tear down, make sure the gifts get in the right car, etc.
    Anniversary
  • Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Witty - with Leena, that includes an assistant and unlimited email and phone calls for any emergency questions. I believe she meets with you at least 1 month or more before your wedding day.  Definitely give her a call.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards