Canada-Ontario

Best shops for bridesmaid dresses downtown

Greetings,

All of my bridesmaids are flying in next weekend from across the country for a crazy, champagne fuelled 48 hours of bridesmaid dress shopping.  Which stores would you recommend for the best/biggest selections of bridesmaid dresses in the downtown-ish area?  We're going to try some of the typical bridesmaid styles, but we are also open to some more quirky, offbeat options.

Any and all leads appreciated! 

Re: Best shops for bridesmaid dresses downtown

• I would recommend Ritche's on Avenue Road north of Lawrence (parking in the back). They had dresses from some lines that I couldn't find elsewhere, and had samples that fit my larger bridesmaids. I ended up ordering some of the dresses there, and they came in six weeks before the others. The other stores in other provinces we ordered ON THE SAME DAY from had forced us to pay extra for a 'rush' order (end October for end of March wedding), and they still took longer!

I had a very frustrating experience where some stores only stocked very small sizes. If you were a size 10-12, there wasn't much to try on. If you have larger girls, I'd recommend calling the stores to find out what their sample sizes are, and remember that your normal street size is much smaller than a bridesmaid dress size. My normally size 0-2 bridesmaid ordered a size 8 in Alfred Sung. You don't want to have one bridesmaid feel left out.
  • Jealous Bridesmaid on Bloor St. for their organization and they have decent selection. They colour coordinate all the dresses. Impression Bridal in Mississauga for their selection!! Holy crap, if there is a store with too many dresses, they do. If you can't find a dress there, then you won't find one anywhere. My advise know what you are looking for before you go. I ended up buying a infinity dress at Henkaa on Yonge st.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    My SIL used Ritche's and liked it.

If you're looking for cheap and standard styles, David's Bridal is decent.  Don't expect excellent customer service, and they're not right downtown.
  • I second Naomi's recommendation about David's Bridal.  They have a number of styles, colours and sizes which is good if you have different body types in your BP.  As well, their price point really can't be beat - prices range from $99-$200 depending on style.  Plus, you have the ability to try dresses on there and order on their website which is sometimes cheaper - I've seen some dresses as low as $29.  They have a location in Mississauga and one in Scarborough.  But you should book an appointment.  Weekends are crazy there.

Other suggestions - I like Jealous Bridesmaids as well.  But I also like the infinity dresses that Lilipad mentioned.  Great way to get one dress and different styles.
  • Ooh - I almost forgot - Try Sophie's Bridal or Best for Bride in Etobicoke.  The service there was awesome.  I bought my wedding dress at Sophie's Bridal.
  • I agree with LILIPAD27, Bridal Impressions in Mississauga has a huge selection of dresses.  That's where i got my bridesmaids dresses and the girl said they would arrive in 4 month....2 and a half month later they were there.
  • Pam Chorley's Fashion Crimes (on Queen Street in Toronto) is fabulous for bridesmaids dresses - there's a large selection of dresses in a variety of styles (with the same fabric). We got ours there for my sister's wedding and they worked out great.
  • Ritche was fantastic for my bridesmaid dresses.  Great selection and the staff were fantastic!

• For simple styles check out henkaa on yonge, the price and style is so lovely!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards