Pennsylvania-Central

Hotel Shuttles?

I'm looking to book a block of rooms for my guests at a hotel somewhere between Lancaster and Ephrata.  One of my priorities is to find a hotel with decent rates (ideally less than $130/night) that will also offer a shuttle service.  There doesn't seem to be very many out there, which is why I come to you all.  Any suggestions or leads on this one?

Re: Hotel Shuttles?

• ncd5015ncd5015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you tell us where your reception is to get a better idea? Also, did your venue provide you with any local places?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    edited December 2011
    My hotel, the Courtyard Marriott at the Greenfield exit in Lancaster does have a shuttle. I'm not sure how far they will do the shuttle service so you should give us more of an idea where your wedding is. Mine is at the Riverdale Manor so it's only less than 5 mins away.
    They do require at least 15 rooms booked before you get the shuttle for free. (Most hotels do this) Otherwise you have to pay extra for it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• bornholdtkbornholdtk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second slpankuch - we're also using the Courtyard Marriott. Most chain hotels will offer a shuttle if you ask. I know that with the Marriott if you don't reach 15 rooms they just charge you $150.

Also, don't be afraid to negotiate with hotels. We got the Marriott and the Inn at Leola Village (where our reception will be held) to lower their prices significantly so they'd be affordable options for our guests. They generally realize that a less costly, guaranteed room is better than an empty room.

Goodluck!
  • cromulentiacromulentia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The reception is at the Yellow Barn at Landis Valley, so my hope is that it's not too far from hotels with shuttle service.  I'll have to look into the Marriott, thanks for the suggestion!
  • kimberlyr22kimberlyr22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have to think Eden Resort would offer shuttle service. That's your closest bet on a hotel (~1 mi.); but I could be wrong. Eden was going to be my hotel for a Landis Valley wedding, but LV's open dates in 2012 didn't work with our hectic family wedding schedule next year (trying to space out four immediate family weddings!).
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    edited December 2011
    I'm quite sure the Marriott chain would do that for you. It is in Lancaster.
    Also the Hampton Inn at the Greenfield exit has a shuttle service. I forgot to mention that as I checked into that when I booked at the Marriott.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011

The Eden would be the closest but you have quite more of a selection on the Greenfield Exit, they have the Hampton Inn,
    Another option which is not too far from where your wedding will be is the Hilton Inn on granite run and there is a whole bunch more in that strip and that is not too far. I go pass there all the time and I live in manheim township so it not far from Landis Valley.  They have the Fairfield Inn and a few others that i can't think off. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards