Catholic Weddings

Readings - Psalm...

Anyone have a suggestion for the responsorial Psalm in my convalidation?   I am not even sure what that is, but when I gave the priest our list of readings he said we still needed that one.

Re: Readings - Psalm...

• I think you mean responsorial psalm.

It's done between the first and second readings. If you are having music, it should be sung.

There are many psalm settings to choose from:

"I lift up my soul" by manion
    "The Lord is kind and merciful" 
    "Taste and see"

are a few.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_readings-psalm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:94b06143-dce8-47a0-892b-782c5f77fbe9Post:88fbbcf7-89d0-4bca-bb54-83b5bc5273f3">Re: Readings - Psalm...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you mean responsorial psalm. It's done between the first and second readings. If you are having music, it should be sung. There are many psalm settings to choose from: "I lift up my soul" by manion "The Lord is kind and merciful"  "Taste and see" are a few.
    Posted by agapecarrie[/QUOTE]

you are correct.  We aren't having music, our convalidation is going to be right after mass on a Saturday evening.
  • if its going to be right after mass, why are you having readings at all? Usually when its done immediately after a liturgy, its a simple rite of marriage without a Liturgy of the Word.
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    We just chose our favorite. Psalm 23. Shepherd me o God.

Maybe the priest wants to recite it for you?
  • Agape - I really have no clue.  I am just trying to comply with the priest's requirements.
  • We did Psalm 118: This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards