Massachusetts
Options

Ceremony Under a Tree? Help!

It's my dream to get married under a big oak tree like this:

But I can't find any New England venues (with site fees under $4000) that have anything that comes close for a ceremony site. Any suggestions??? I'm open to parks or anything (although I want to keep rain plans in mind)! Any MA/RI/CT brides get married under a tree? (And not pines. I have an inexplicably strong aversion to coniferous trees.)

Re: Ceremony Under a Tree? Help!

• Options
    I think I've seen pictures from a wedding at the Red Barn in Amherst (at Hampshire College) that involved a ceremony site like this. Check this out: http://www.hampshire.edu/specialprograms/2817.htm

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for your help! I ended up finding my dream tree at Roger Williams park :D
  • Options
    Hi Robin,

We live in Heath, MA (30 minutes north-west of greenfield, MA) and run a wild-blueberry farm called the Benson Place.  We are just starting to offer our farm as a site for weddings and events to fund a non-profit project on our farm to create habitat for native pollinators, mainly native bees, which are currently on the decline.  We offer a simple, but beautiful rustic site with near-panoramic views of the Berkshire hills.  We ask $1,000 for the site use, but you would need to rent your own tent, tables and chairs, etc. for the reception.  All funds go towards our pollinator project.   And we do have beautiful oak trees that you could potentially have your reception under!  
    We also offer catering using organic, local in-season ingredients at a reasonable price.  Alternatively, you could bring in your own caterer, or have a potluck if that suits you.

Please contact us if you are interested at <a href="mailto:andrew.kurowski@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">andrew.kurowski@gmail.com</a>, and we can send you some photos, and additional information about our pollinator habitat project.  Our website, bensonplace.org, has information about our farm plus a few photos of the land (mostly taken in winter).

warm wishes,

Meredith

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-western-mass_ceremony-under-a-tree-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:619Discussion:5d9269f3-fc74-4e17-ab56-56a20dbe0511Post:9aab4bd8-79aa-41b0-ab77-42ba021b76a0">Ceremony Under a Tree? Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's my dream to get married under a big oak tree like this: <a href="http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/61601/view.aspx?type=1&id=61601">http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/61601/view.aspx?type=1&id=61601</a> But I can't find any New England venues (with site fees under $4000) that have anything that comes close for a ceremony site. Any suggestions??? I'm open to parks or anything (although I want to keep rain plans in mind)! Any MA/RI/CT brides get married under a tree? (And not pines. I have an inexplicably strong aversion to coniferous trees.)
    Posted by RobinThePerson[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Hello! I live in Central PA and am also trying to have a ceremony under a big oak tree. Anyone know of a location like this? I feel like I have been searching forever with no luck :( 
  • Options
    Well - I'm desperately searching for a venue and I'm getting frustrated... Does anyone know of a place in Alabama, Georgia, or Tennessee where I can have a wedding under the fall trees? Love oaks , but i'm flexible here....
  • Options
    Hi StephanieBark and MrsDrewOgden! You probably won't have much luck on this thread because it's for Massachusetts; I suggest posting the same sort of question on your local boards.

I feel like when I was looking for my tree, all I kept finding (accidentally) were beautiful trees in the south (mostly the Carolinas, I guess, but I think Georgia too), so MrsDrewOgden I feel like you'll definitely be able to find something. Have you looked into parks?

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards