Massachusetts

Venue Help!!!!

Hi all-
My Fiance and I are looking to have about 150 (give or take a few) guests at our wedding. We are paying for it ourselves so we are trying to keep the prices low - I would LOVE to have a place where it shows our personalities. We decided on having a vintage theme -- olive and ivory as our colors - and I fell in love with the old rustic [barn type] buildings with the exposed beams (if they had it). We would like to keep the total cost around $20k - no higher than $25k. If anyone knows of any places in Central Mass - that would be great!!! We're also looking in southern nh area- I am posting in there as well.

Thank you in advance for any and all advice/ideas!!!!

Re: Venue Help!!!!

• edited December 2011
    The Wayside Inn maybe... I think I remember seeing exposed beams when I looked at them- I looked at a few places though and I get them kinda mixed up sometimes. Beautiful scenery with the chapel and mill, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you posted this on the Boston board or NH, but try there too they might have more suggestions!
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Red Apple Farm in Phillipston has a nice barn with a stone fireplace in it. I looked into that.
    image 89 We asked to dance
    image 78 Are ready to go! image 11 Are lame but save us some money! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What time of year?
    Harrington Farm is beautiful and has exposed beams, a blue stone patio and even a pond!  They can be pricey but offer amazing discounts as of Nov 1st!
    Check them out...you may be able to make it work since they offer several options.
    Vacation Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ashramzashramz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out "The Barn" at Gibbet Hill in Groton, MA. It looks really cool for a venue but their menu doesn't have that many options, however it does sound like what you are looking for. Hope it helps!

Ashley
  • AVBartoAVBarto member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Storrowtown Tavern at the Big E...They have a hall that is pretty "rustic" and there is a place near Sturbridge (not Sturbridge village) that was rustic.
    www.petanolucci.com
  • edited December 2011
    The Publick House is where we're having our reception.  They have a barn style area for cocktails, but then a ballroom for dinner and dancing.  It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it's very reasonably priced.  They have discounts for "off months" like November.  For 150 people, you might have a tough time being under $20k at Harrington and Gibbet Hill.  Both are VERY nice, but a bit pricey.

Another option is Salem Cross Inn.  I think its in one of the Brookfields.  That is rustic as well.  Honestly, if I saw that before we booked at PH, I would have booked there.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-western-mass_venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:619Discussion:f1916c27-552a-4e01-8040-63fbe37cbca1Post:dcfb2fe4-8fc2-4e16-8e1d-710d58f8a698">Re: Venue Help!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What time of year? Harrington Farm is beautiful and has exposed beams, a blue stone patio and even a pond!  They can be pricey but offer amazing discounts as of Nov 1st! Check them out...you may be able to make it work since they offer several options.
    Posted by mrsbwh2b[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting married, the photo in your collage is beautiful..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards