April 2014 Weddings
Options

YAY!!! I added an avitar!

Since this board is so dead lately. LOL!! I finally added an avitar and a ticker!!

I have to admit though, I only just did it because I couldn't figure it out!! Haha!! I was having a severly dumb moment!

Hope you all are having a great day!!! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: YAY!!! I added an avitar!

• Options
    YAHOO for your ticker!!

I love having mine, but I only wish the date wasn't so far away now ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Looks good.  P.S. I hope didn't say something in the email that offended you.
    White Knot
    June '13 January siggy Honeymoon Destination
    Indian Head Resort White Mountains New Hampshire
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_yay-i-added-an-avitar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:4764f66e-e401-4c86-8813-acd9334230e4Post:d2997d32-0112-4161-84d8-8efa5c4e3db8">Re: YAY!!! I added an avitar!</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAHOO for your ticker!! I love having mine, but I only wish the date wasn't so far away now ;)
    Posted by stefwells23[/QUOTE]

I know right!!! Although, I've been thinking "It's 2 years away, thats 24 months, yada yada ya" Then when I looked at it I was like WOAH 1 YEAR 9 MONTHS!!! lol!! The time will fly by and it'll be here before we know it!!! :) YAY!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_yay-i-added-an-avitar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:4764f66e-e401-4c86-8813-acd9334230e4Post:f4ffa364-3ea4-4856-827b-7c49addc333a">Re: YAY!!! I added an avitar!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looks good.  P.S. I hope didn't say something in the email that offended you.
    Posted by APherber418[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Also, I emailed you back just now! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes!  it took me a while to figure out how to do the tickers as well. 

It definitely seems like a long time away, but IMO I think 1 year, 10 months, 1 week and 1 day sounds a lot closer that 677 days! lol.

I'm hardcore into finding a venue at the moment. What is everyone else currently doing?
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Heather - I like counting months + days etc too!  I know that it will be here before I know it!

MY FI and I are planning DW and have had a few things happen that are making us want to change out mind about how we are going to do things. Originally we were going to invite a bunch of people, stay in a villa etc. We are now thinking of going just the two of us.... We have however found and booked our photographer. She is the best on the island, and didn't want to miss out on working with her :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stef that's amazing. I could never personally do a destination wedding, our families would never forgive us lol. I envy you :)

Are you staying there for your honeymoon as well?

You were having the problem with the friends gf inviting herself right?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_yay-i-added-an-avitar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:4764f66e-e401-4c86-8813-acd9334230e4Post:da0500e9-8398-43cd-9d90-153bf15c4093">Re: YAY!!! I added an avitar!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes!  it took me a while to figure out how to do the tickers as well.  It definitely seems like a long time away, but IMO<strong> I think 1 year, 10 months, 1 week and 1 day sounds a lot closer that 677 days! </strong>lol. <strong>I'm hardcore into finding a venue at the moment. What is everyone else currently doing?</strong>
    Posted by heatherk2489[/QUOTE]

I completely agree!!!

I am trying to gather as much info as possible on hiring a bartender and I'm trying to find another venue for the ceremony!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_yay-i-added-an-avitar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:4764f66e-e401-4c86-8813-acd9334230e4Post:7a785f56-a7fa-4b7b-9bd3-c1efdc0e6dde">Re: YAY!!! I added an avitar!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heather - I like counting months + days etc too!  I know that it will be here before I know it! MY FI and I are planning DW and have had a few things happen that are making us want to change out mind about how we are going to do things. Originally we were going to invite a bunch of people, stay in a villa etc. We are now thinking of going just the two of us.... We have however found and booked our photographer. She is the best on the island, and didn't want to miss out on working with her :)

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble out of your FI's friends girlfriend! I hope you guys get it sorted out soon!!!! 

Congrats on booking the photographer!! Sooo exciting!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_yay-i-added-an-avitar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:4764f66e-e401-4c86-8813-acd9334230e4Post:82aeb152-045e-4958-ae7d-4ed29f1d1086">Re: YAY!!! I added an avitar!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stef that's amazing. I could never personally do a destination wedding, our families would never forgive us lol. I envy you :) Are you staying there for your honeymoon as well? You were having the problem with the friends gf inviting herself right?
    Posted by heatherk2489[/QUOTE]

My family has been really great about our plans, although I know they are disappointed they understand why we are wanting to get married that way :)

That is the plan. We are hoping to book a full two weeks down in Barbados, get married part way through the first week and then spend the rest of the time relaxing and basking in newlywed bliss :)

Yes, it's unfortunate how the whole situation happened. I am trying not to worry about it much since we still have so much time... but I know this next 6 month will go by quick and we will have to make a decision. Still a little torn on what to do, but I am sure it will come to us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    heatherk2489heatherk2489 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    We haven't even decided where we are going to honeymoon yet. Kudos on that, I'm sure it wasn't a very hard decision though lol.

Honestly, in your situation, I would never uninvite someone that I had already invited. +1's are optional and it's not like this guy won't know anyone at the wedding, he will have friends there. Also being a destination wedding with limited space, it's not something that you could easily allow. Besides, they should both have enough respect for you to understand that; 1) This is your wedding YOU decide who comes and 2) You are not required to allow anyone to bring a date, especially for something so small and personal. 

That is a similar question having to do with what you're going through. Thats straight from ask Carly, right here from the knot.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!!  It's one of those situations that the damage is done, and things just aren't repairable. Not too sure what will happen, but I am doing research on places for just the two of us so we can sit down and compare the options.

Good luck finding your bartender and another venue :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_yay-i-added-an-avitar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:4764f66e-e401-4c86-8813-acd9334230e4Post:d2997d32-0112-4161-84d8-8efa5c4e3db8">Re: YAY!!! I added an avitar!</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAHOO for your ticker!! I love having mine, but I only wish the date wasn't so far away now ;)
    Oh my goodness same here.. <div>I am so ready for it. :) </div><div>But I know if we did it sooner than my FI wouldn't be graduated from college and also less time to plan. These months will go by fast! Don't worry! :D</div>
    Lindsey D. marrying love of my life 7.8.2013. Baby #1 on the way mid-October! (:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards