Florida-West Coast

Vendor Reviews!

The Palmetto Club: B/C+--- Although The PC is a very beautiful venue the staff is not too helpful or flexible. Lucille was my contact person and when I emailed her she did always respond fast. However, everytime I tried meeting with her or going to the venue she was never there. I emailed her once to let her know if they would be open so that I can measure something for my sign in table. She stated they would be open but she would not be there, which was fine. Fast forward to the day that I get there and to my surprise they were not open. We were able to get in because fortunately when we arrived they were prepping for the primary election the next day. Had we shown up 15 minutes later it would have been a wasted drive. They let us bring stuff in 2 days before the wedding. They were having an event that day as well. My mom does not live in the same city and I was just showing her the property. I was showing her the ballroom at the last minute when Lucille very rudely said "Ok you have to leave now." We weren't bothering or getting in the way of anyone.

DJ Dan w/Sword Sounds: B-- Originally I booked Rob w/Sword Sounds but due to a family emergency he couldn't be our DJ so his co-worker Dan took over for him. I was a little panicked but Dan was nice and reassured me of everything would work out. As it got closer to the wedding, he was a little slow at responding to my emails but he did say that March was his busiest month (I was trying to be understanding.) He followed our itenerary close and kept us on schedule. He followed our do not play/play lists. He did take requests from guests like we requested. However, I was looking for him to be a little more interactive with our guests and he wasn't.

Photgraphy Blu: A+--We won an engagement session with Christina at Photography Blu and once we saw our pictures from our engagement session we knew we had to book her! I've only seen a few sneak peeks from our wedding but I can't wait for the rest. She was so much fun to work with and was all over the place at our wedding capturing pictures!

Catering By the Family: A+-- I dealt with Reagan with CBTF and had no issues. She always responded quickly and the day of the wedding they took care of us like royalty! We never lifted a finger for food or drink. And the food was AMAZING! They were quick with clean up and very professional!

Cake by Publix: A+--- The cake was so beautiful and very good. Everyone loved the strawberry filled layer and couldn't believe the cake was from Publix.

Linens by Connie Duglin: A--- They were the most affordable linen rental in Tampa. They didn't have the linens requested on the day of the wedding so upgraded us and of course everything was beautiful!

Re: Vendor Reviews!

• Totally second the recommendation of PUBLIX for CAKE!
  • PC is a fantastic venue, but you are right, their staff isn't the best at telling you when they will be there.  We had the same problem when we were looking at venues and we decided to book somewhere else.

We are using Publix and Connie Duglin too.  :)  Glad to hear they were A+

Congratulations!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards