Florida-West Coast

Slowest wedding months in FL?

Does anyone happen to know what months are slowest for weddings on the west coast of FL? I know August is supposed to be slow, but thats the only month I'm sure of.
Any help is greatly appreciated!!
~The New Mrs.B~

Re: Slowest wedding months in FL?

• edited December 2011
    I was wondering the same thing when I was trying to pick a date.  It seems like the summer months are slow for those who are avoiding the horrible horrible heat! 
  • edited December 2011
    August and September because its hurricane season.
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    July-August because it is unbearable hot and because its warm other places as well
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • ceeceed80ceeceed80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was told by one of our venues that it's slowest in dec-feb in florida. b/c of the holidays and potential cold.
  • ktwishktwish member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure when the slowest month is, but it seems all my vendors have been crazy busy from the end of September through mid December. And they were really busy from the end of March until June.
    Have you considered a Friday wedding? That's what we're doing and it has helped us negotiate lower prices from most of the vendors. We have a lot of OOT family that are traveling in and they will have all weekend to enjoy the FL sunshine!
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on the venue but every place I went had "platinum season" between September and January, they have steady but not busy events from Jan- Feb and then get super slow May- AUgust. I have friends in the hotel business and that's also the time they consider the slow season in the kitchen. I'd ask your venues you're interested and as PP said consider a Friday or Sunday wedding
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • KaylaMiller87KaylaMiller87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_slowest-wedding-months-fl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:21367b1a-2795-44c1-b67c-3c6072127070Post:95d759e7-4bc4-4e6d-8531-7928dba2d1fc">Re: Slowest wedding months in FL?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure when the slowest month is, but it seems all my vendors have been crazy busy from the end of September through mid December. And they were really busy from the end of March until June. Have you considered a Friday wedding? That's what we're doing and it has helped us negotiate lower prices from most of the vendors. We have a lot of OOT family that are traveling in and they will have all weekend to enjoy the FL sunshine!
    Posted by ktwish[/QUOTE]
     We are considering the Friday wedding for some easier budgeting, but I'm not sure how many OOT family would be able to take a few days off work. <div>Thanks for the suggestions everyone! The help is greatly appreciated.</div>
    ~The New Mrs.B~
  • bnwgatorbnwgator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in January, and we were given a free night in one of the penthouses at Grand Plaza for booking our wedding. They are very slow then apparently, which is why they gave us the penthouse suite for our wedding night, and we are excited about it. It was a nice perk, and I imagine it has something to do with the possibility that the beach can be cold in January. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mpgatormpgator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I were doing it over, I would pick the Sunday of MLK or presidents day weekend.
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married in July and got great deals everywhere because the winter tourist events are over and the June wedding rush is over.

Ditto MPGator - the best wedding I've been to in FL was on the Sunday of MLK weekend, and I understand that wedding was VERY low-cost bec of the date chosen.
  • mandychampmandychamp member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh.  Please do not listen to any vendor who tells you winter is off season.  I worked in restaurants and the cooler months [from NY to FL] are definitely when the entire industry made money.  Buyers beware...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards