Florida-West Coast

Just got engaged looking for venues

I just got engaged on Friday and I'm starting to look for venues in the fort myers, sanibel, captiva area. Going to look at a place called tarpon lodge on Saturday in Pine Island. I would love any suggestions.

Re: Just got engaged looking for venues

• edited December 2011
    I loved the tarpon lodge except that dinner was in a different room than the dance area. It was also really expensive.  You may want to also check out boca grande and longboat key.  The boca grande club is similar to tarpon lodge and much more affordable and I liked that island better than pine island.
  • ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement!
  • ceeceed80ceeceed80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats on your engagement! i'm not particularly familiar with that area, but just wanted to give my well wishes. 
  • abkredheadabkredhead member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your suggestions, I will be sure to look at the other locations too!
  • jpn0707jpn0707 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am getting married at the Boca Grande Club.  Becki Kemmer is wonderful to work with. 

image 70 Invited so far!
    image 60 Are ready to party!
    image 6 Will be missing out! image 4 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
     I love the Edison Estate down there.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement...I wish I new the area to help.  Good Luck and make sure to post your findings!
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! Congrats on your engagement! Tarpon Lodge is very nice and I have to say I have been to 2 weddings where dancing was in a separate room and they were actually really fun- I think because everyone is sort of "forced" up from the tables and it's a more intimate atmosphere.
    That being said there are lots of great venues in the area including Casa Ybel, South Seas Plantation, Sanibel Harbor Resort, Edison and Ford Estates and the Burroughs Home. How many people and any more details on what you are looking for?  Good luck!!!
  • Congrats on your engagement

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions on places to look at, and the feedback about the dancing, because that's one of the things that's really important to us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards