Florida-West Coast

Honeymoon Debate

We're trying to decide between an inclusive resort like Sandals or Secrets, etc or a cruise probably Disney or Carnival.

Anybody do either? We're getting married on a Weds so we'd have to wait a few days to get on the boat which is a bummer. Hmmm..
image 110 Invited
image 76 Are Ready to Party! image 34 Are Missing Out image0 Need to Respond
RSVP Date: February 21

March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Rings image
Mine imageHis My Wedding Blog(Updated Daily) Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Honeymoon Debate

• edited December 2011
    Hi! Your best bet for a lot of good answers to your question is probably the honeymoon board.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'll check it out.
    image 110 Invited

Mine imageHis My Wedding Blog(Updated Daily) Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    H and I went on a 7 day cruise. We got married on a Friday and the left for our Honeymoon on Sunday. Honestly you will want a few days to recoup from the wedding if you are planning to do any excursions on the Cruise. They can wear you out just as quickly as stress can sometimes. Rather than getting sick from being so worn out It would be god to have a few days to relax at home before going away.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Sandals Grande Antigua and had a fantastic time.  I highly recommend the all-inclusive resorts because you really don't have to worry about anything there.  We just paid extra for a cabana and some excursions.  We thought it was one of the best decisions we made regarding the wedding.
  • jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went on a carnival inspiration cruise (not for honeymoon), but it was really nice with FI. We had a really fun time. Everything is included except alcohol and excursions.  For our honeymoon we wanted a nice room and to be a little more private so we are going to Sandals Jamaica and staying in a private pool side villa. I can't wait!!!
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to Sandals in Ochos Rios Jamaica.  It was wonderful!  Their properties are top notch, great service, and unless you want to take an excursion you don't have to bring a dime with you.  There really isn't any reason to leave the resorts as they offer so many activites.
    Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys, I was looking at the Sandals in Jamaica.
    image 110 Invited

• Piston89Piston89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister did a Sandals trip and they loved it! We are doing a 7 day carnival cruise. I would say, my personal opinion, don't do a disney cruise. They are geared towards kids for a reason, and personally, I'm not trying to have a kiddie honeymoon... :) Good luck on making a decision!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards