Florida-West Coast
Options

Southern style outdoor location????

I am trying desperately to find a location for my wedding next spring 2014 on the west coast of Florida around the Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota area that is outdoor no beach! with a southern feel to it. I am obsessed with live oak trees and am dead set on finding a location that has lots of them. I want the entire event outdoors but of course need a back up plan too either a tent or maybe held at an estate with gorgeous grounds. Im looking to have about 150 people must be able to bring my own caterer and must be allowed liquor so parks are out. Any ideas would be great I have looked at a lot of places with no luck and am getting very anxious my dream won't come true! Please help!!

Re: Southern style outdoor location????

• Options
    I've been looking for the same thing! I can't seem to really find it. There is the Lange Farm in Dade City, Cross Creek Ranch in dade city (very expensive!) I'm also looking at a place called laurelwood gardens that's really cheap. 
  • Options
    I looked into lange farm barrington hills and crescent lakes barn, beautiful but they are all kind of in the middle of nowhere and I am having the majority of my guests coming from NJ so didn't want to take them too far from the beach since it will most likely be a vacation for them to come. I am going on tuesday to look at the powel crosley mansion in satasota and am hoping it is what I want the pictures don't show much of the grounds but definitely worth a look! I will look into the other place you mentioned as well. You'd think being in the most southern state you'd be able to find a southern style area no problem!! ugh!! Thank you so much for the response! I feel better knowing Im not the only one having trouble with this! Ill keep you posted with what I come up with if anything!! And ps. Congrats!!:
  • Options
    Check out the Powell Crosley or New College College Hall in Sarasota. They are beautiful (they are or were parts of estates).  I love love love New College College Hall!  But it books up fast!
  • Options
    Thank you so much bella!! I have an appointment to see the powel crosley on tuesday!! Will definitely check out the college as well!!:
  • Options
    Have you looked at the University of Tampa.  Plant Hall has 3 ballrooms and the grounds are just gorgeous with many century + old live oaks and the Hillsborough River and the downtown Tampa skyline in the background.  There are large verandas all along the front of the building for ceremony, cocktails, and dinner and ballrooms as a backup.  The prices are pretty reasonable since it is part of the University and it was originally the Tampa Bay Hotel.  http://www.ut.edu/facilitiesrental/
    Best of luck in your search.
  • Options
    Looks amazing!! Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    Have you looked at the Winthrop Barn Theatre?

The outdoor area is amazing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards