Florida-West Coast
Options

Vendor Reviews - 04/16/11 Wedding

Swank Shindigs: Wedding Planner  A+
Jamie was AMAZING!!!  I hired her for day of coordinator since I was getting married at my parents house.  She had some great ideas and thought of things I never had thought of to make sure we were prepared.  She wasn't just there for the day of...she was there through the entire process.  She made great suggestions on vendors, and was there for all my many questions.  I was able to relax (as much as us brides relax on our wedding day) knowing she took care of everything.  I don't know what I would have done without her.

Good Food Catering of Tampa: A+++++
I can not say enough about Kevin and his team.  Not only was the food ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, but the service was great.  From the first time we tasted his food, I knew they would be caterering our special day.  I was so excited for my guest to taste his food, I knew they would love it!.  We got so many compliments on the food and the service from our guest, which I was so glad about.  Kevin and his team made sure to take care of us.  I told him I wanted to be the first bride to actually eat at my wedding...and they brought us food while we were taking pictures and while we were waiting to be introduced.  They kept our drinks coming, and made sure that I did get to eat!  There food is heavenly!!!

Kevin also took care of the linens, which for whatever reason was a hard decision for me to make.  He was sooooo patient and brought so many samples.

Eziekel Photography: A for now
Zeek took some great pictures during our E-Session and even included my step-sons.  I can't wait to see the pictures of the wedding.  The thing I liked about him, is that he was there to capture those perfect moments, but was never IN YOUR FACE.  He was well organized and got the family shots out of the way so they could enjoy cocktails and made sure that my husband and I were comfortable during our session.  He asked during the night if there were any other shots I wanted, which was nice because I had some special people that I wanted to make sure I had a picture with.  I'll write more when I get the wedding pics.

Michele Rene Make up & Hair: A+++
I had Michelle (not Michele Rene) and she was great.  She came to the house and was actually early.  I got compliments all night about my hair and makeup.  She finished my mom and my hair/makeup early, so she ended up doing my Bridesmaids as well.  My MOH is asian and was a little worried about eye makeup, but Michelle did an amazing job.  MOH was so excited!

Elite Events & Rentals (Tent, tables, and chairs): A
Because of having an outdoor wedding, we had to rent EVERYTHING and Elite took care of it.  Tent was the perfect size and we didn't feel squished.  We did get a dance floor which looked great!  The only down fall, which wasn't really a down fall and was pretty funny...was watching the 4 person team assemble the tent.  It took them awhile and they were reading directions.  It was actually pretty entertaining to watch the day before the event.  (I was cracking up!!!)  Luckily the tent stayed up and there weren't any problems. 

John Demas (Guitarist): A+++
John played the music prior and during the ceremony.  I was exetremly picky on the music for my wedding being a musician myself.  There were a few songs that were outside of the usually wedding selections.  He took time to practice with my singer (friend of family and of his) for my very special processional. My guest were very impressed with his playing.  He is a very talented guitariest and specializes in Greek music too (even though we didn't have any at our wedding).

T&M Portable Restrooms: C
I was recommended to this company by a friend of mine.  They have great pricing and  restrooms trailers were really nice (which we needed because of the size of the wedding and becuase it was out my parent's house).  However the day that they were to deliver...NOTHING.  I called and they said they didn't have the final signed contract...which I whipped out the fax confirmed and my follow up email.  At first he stated that they would provide Port-a-potty free of cost.  OMG my worst nightmare!  This was my only break down with all of my wedding planning.  I called my wedding planner (THANK YOU JAMIE!!!) and she took care of it.    They delivered an upgraded trailer first thing (the day of the wedding).  The guys were really nice (they had nothing to do with the night before) and the trailer was beautiful.  Fully stocked with toileteries and everything.  If it wasn't for the day before, they would have gotten an A...but they made me cry.

Allen's Florist: A
I only ordered the bouquets and boutinerre's from the florist.  I was a little scared going with a local Brooksville florist, but they out did themselves.  Upon meeting with them, she asked for pictures and really understood my vision.  The flowers we goregous.  Even when I had to add to it last minute, she was happy to help and had ordered plenty of my flowers.  If I had the money....I would have loved to of had them blasted the ceremony site with all the wonderful flowers she found.

Daisydays.com: Invitations A-
I fell in love with my invitations and based the entire theme of the wedding around them.  I ended up ordering them online through DaisyDays.com and they were beautiful.  I gave them an A- because I used another site to view the different text, fonts, and color.  But once I had everything the way I wanted...I ordered everything through them.  The invitations arrived early and their customer service is great.  They actually have people call you to confirm your order and to make sure you approve the final PDF.  That surprised me...I talked to a person!!!

I think that's everyone.  I did alot of things on my own.  Hope this helps.

Re: Vendor Reviews - 04/16/11 Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! I see you are a musician -- just curious who did music for your reception if you had one.

Thank you for the reviews.:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    AWesome, thank you for sharing! What was your location
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the reviews.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My daughter's wedding was on 3/5/11 - It was mostly a DIY wedding due to budget but the one thing we "splurged" on was hair and makeup by Darla Stafford
    Darla was so wonderful!  She was such a pleasure to work with, a very calming presence, and helped make our bride look her best!  I highly recommend her services or at least someone who can do the same thing for you.

Hope your wedding is everything you've dreamed of! ThreeMartelles on Etsy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the reviews and congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello Ellen.  My Guitarist was John Demas...absolutely amazing.  He teaches at HCC.  His website is http://johndemas.mysite.com/ 

My singer was a friend of the family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards