Florida-West Coast
Options

Source for lace

I'm trying to locate spools of gray lace (kind of like this, but... gray : click) for my invitations. I want to wrap the invite and RSVP card together with the lace, glue in back, and glue a little cardstock insert to the front with our wedding website tiny url for directions, accommodations, etc. Basically like a belly band, but lace.

I'm a prety tactile person - I'm sure I could find something online, though the most luck I've had has been with hem tape lace and not ACTUAL lace - but I really have to see and feel it in person to know it's what I want. Does anybody know where in the Tampa area I might find something like that? TIA!

Re: Source for lace

• Options
    mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was basically looking for the same thing, except in another color.  I found it online, but they wanted an absurd amount of $ for shipping, so I bought it at JoAnn's and used one of their 50% coupons from Sunday's newspaper inserts.  They took 50% off the whole spool of 12 yards.

I would like to ask you what kind of glue you're using to adhere the lace to the paper.
  • Options
    bella3609bella3609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yeah I was going to check JoAnn's but wanted to see first if anybody knew for sure I could find something there. I'm a little lazy... :)

I got a glue that I'm using on my paper flowers... and now I can't remember the name of it. It's at home. I got it at Michael's, and it's used in scrapbooking to simulate raindrops, etc. It dries to a clear hard finish and isn't sticky. I'm only adhering the wedding website piece to the front of the lace, and not using glue anywhere else, but I'd planned on seeing how that goes before I commit to any glue on the final project. Once I have the cardstock glued down and dried, I'm going to wrap the invite for length, slide it out, glue the ends of the lace together overlapping... wait to dry, slide back on the invite.

That's the plan, at least. We'll see what actually works before I go giving advice :)

• Options
    bella3609bella3609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Update: I decided to go with pewter-colored ribbon instead. I tested it with one invite and it looks aweeeessssoooome, especially with the pink paper as an envelope liner. I still need to print and glue the cardstock wedding website onto the ribbon (I'm now doing that over the seam where I glued the two pieces of ribbon together), and then I'll upload some pictures :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards