Florida-West Coast

dreaming of a beach house wedding/reception for 100 ppl - help please!

Hi all,
I am newly engaged and have just started planning our wedding for Nov 2012!  We are envisioning a beach house venue that we could rent for a week to serve as a family vacation and accomodate our 100 person guest list for the wedding.  I am thinking the house should be approx 4000 sq ft + with an open floor plan.  In an ideal world it would have a pool, sprawling patio space, and should be located directly on the water (beach or intercoastal).  We are open to locations South of St. Pete, and North of Naples (including Naples).  I would truely appreciate any location ideas that you have!!  I have looked through VRBO.com and have emailed a few possibilities, but I don't know where else to look!  Thanks!!!

Re: dreaming of a beach house wedding/reception for 100 ppl - help please!

• check out beach rentals in Siesta Key  in Sarasota, FL as well.
  • I used the Sunset Beach House on Treasure Island: link.  I loved it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • I'm getting married at the Sunset Beach House in TI too -- our wedding is May 4, 2012.  No pool and not a ton of indoor space though -- you really have to have the reception outside, but there's plenty of room for a tent if necessary for rain backup.  It is right on the beach and is beautiful!  
    When we were looking, we also briefly considered Bali Hi which is a private rental on Captiva Island (just google "Bali Hi Captiva" and you'll find it) but we didn't want to be that far away from our home in Tampa.  I don't know any more about it than what's on the website, but it sure looks cool!   Good luck with your planning! :)
  • check out Boca Grande
    image 70 Invited so far!
    image 60 Are ready to party!
    image 6 Will be missing out! image 4 Are MIA!
  • I found out about Sunset Beach House here on the knot............THANK GOD, IT IS FABULOUS, and we have already put down a deposit for fall 2013, cant wait!  I looked EVERYWHERE on the Pinellas County beaches, but NO ONE wants to allow a wedding on there property, I highly recommend Sunset Beach House
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards