New York

Stress, stress, stress (pretty much wedding unrelated)

I'm so fed up! I work as the head prep cook in a restaurant, and starting today they are pretty much reformatting the restaurant and making a TON of changes. Basically, my job barely exists; I went from full-time (40+ hours a week) to barely 20 hours. I am soo screwed. This is my only job!

I wanted to take a bit of a career change, and start working as a medical transcriptionist. I really want a stay at home job (it's my dream to be a housewife!). But, my mom has a job managing three hospitals and informed me that by the end of 2012 the medicial transcription profession will pretty much be obsolete. Ugh.

It's pretty much impossible to find any other legit work from home job, and I'm having trouble finding another job I'd be comfortable with. All this work/financial stress kills me. And then there's wedding stress. And family stress. Someone provide with a good stress-reliever?! I'm about to scream.

ok, ending overly-long rant now.
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Stress, stress, stress (pretty much wedding unrelated)

• sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your job; that stinks.

Maybe check Craigslist and other job sites for freelance work?

A few years ago I was looking for a side job to help support my acting career and I got into freelance proofreading.  Kind of random and it definitely doesn't pay the bills by itself, but it's a little extra money each month. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_stress-stress-stress-pretty-much-wedding-unrelated?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:629a4a29-6c57-4e2e-b3ed-603c47dd806ePost:fcba47f6-6395-4ba4-9a45-ddf240530ea7">Stress, stress, stress (pretty much wedding unrelated)</a>:
    [QUOTE] Someone provide with a good stress-reliever?!
    Posted by pitbullmommy315[/QUOTE]

Wine.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_stress-stress-stress-pretty-much-wedding-unrelated?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:629a4a29-6c57-4e2e-b3ed-603c47dd806ePost:4e1e11f0-36d0-4074-b17a-0a6baef8963d">Re: Stress, stress, stress (pretty much wedding unrelated)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Stress, stress, stress (pretty much wedding unrelated) : Wine.
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

^Yes
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have friends who work online teaching classes (although you'd need a college degree for this and I don't know if you do..).
    I also know someone who rakes in the dough selling advertisting online from home (like the ads you see here on the knot and on FB and such). so there ARE jobs, you just have to work for yourself really.
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards