New York-Western

"The Dress"

Where did or are you Buffalo girls getting your dress from?

Where is a good place to go? Where should I avoid? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller

Re: "The Dress"

• kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to almost every dress shop in Buffalo..lol!
    Bridal Chateau - good service, decent selection
    Bridals By D -- higher end lines, I wasn't impressed with the customer service either
    Davids bridal -- good selection
    MA Carr -- good selection & service
    Christe's bridal -- they just let me look and try on what I wanted (I was the only one there)
    Classic Bridal -- They had a decent selection -- I've heard horrible things about their customer service, but they were nice to me
    Laurie's Formalwear -- nice sales people, so-so selection

Overall, I didn't have any extremely negative experiences.  I ended up purchasing my dress in Erie, Pa -- I just coulnd't find "the one" here.  Let me know if you have any other questions!
    ~ K & S ~ 10.01.10 MyBio Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

I've been to Victoria's, MA Carr, and Bridals by D. All are great. I haven't had a bad experience with any place. I purchased by dress from Bridals by D...Elaine is wonderful to work with.

• edited December 2011
    I got my dress (as well as BMs, flower girl, mothers') at Bridals by D.  I think the service was great (helps if you make an appointment as they give priority to those that did), and I love my dress and the others!  

They are a more up-scale boutique (but still relatively reasonable prices).  I personally hate David Bridals (have gotten bridesmaid dresses there before).  They are like the walmart of the bridal world.  If you are on a tight budget, they are probably the place to go, but if you have more wiggle room in your budget I think it's definitely worth going to a nicer place where you know you'll get great service from start to finish, and a dress that looks absolutely perfect on you.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to the Bridal Chateau, there service is great. I had a bad experince at david's briadl. I went to the location in hamburg and tonawanda, and both experinces were bad.
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Bridal Chateau and I actually have my first fitting next week.  I had been there before for a BM dress and knew they had a big selection, and I saw a dress from their salon in a fashion show at a bridal show.  The woman I worked with, Maria, was great and I ended up buying the 2nd dress I tried on, which was the one from the show.  I also ordered my head piece that I'm wearing from there too.  The only thing I'm not crazy about there is that they keep your dress in a warehouse so you can't just go in and see it, you have to make an appointment at least a day before (but that might be how most places are).  But other than that I love it there and am keeping my fingers crossed for the fitting.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Victoria's, Blissett's in Medina (which is where I actually plan on getting my dress...), Elaine's (or I think it's Laurie's now...) In Lockport.
  • edited December 2011
    i got all my bridesmaids dresses from davids bridal. i let them choose their own dresses and colors. coincidentally, they all chose the same dress so i had them just get the same color. i purchased my own wedding dress from www.ellaparkbridal.com. all of our tuxes are from tuxedo junction!
  • edited December 2011
    i am going to clara milas in west seneca and m.a. carr in OP.

they carry the designers i like and have heard good things about both.
  • angelchild24angelchild24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got my dress from David's bridal, i'm not a huge fan of the service there, but i saw the dress online and when i tried it on, the first dress i tried on, i knew it was the one, however i will be going to clara milas to look at bridesmaid dresses, if not there not sure where, as i'm hoping to avoid david's for the girls
    BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13 BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards