Pennsylvania

wedding cake

Hi NEP people!

One thing my fiance and I decided to NOT spend a lot of money on was the cake.  We want to the do the whole cake cutting/smashing/feeding and give cake to our guests.  However, we don't want to spend that much on this.  We were even considering having a local grocery store make our cake until we thought of the fact that we'll need it delivered. 

Does anyone have any cheap cake resources or have any other ideas/suggestions?

Re: wedding cake

• I don't know how much their cakes normally cost because it's included with our venue, but Granny Schmidt's cakes are beautiful and delicious!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also do not want to be spending alot of money on a cake. Take a look at Cozze Cakes. She offers bridal samplings! www.cozzeecakes.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If not included in your venue Granny Schmidt's is a bit pricy.  Once option you can ask your baker about is doing a sheet cake for the majority of your servings and doing a small tier cake for show.  We are using Village Bake Shop in Allentown and by using that option we cut the price in half.  Once it is cut no one will know where their piece came from.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting cupcakes from Blondies in Catasaqua. They deliver. It's roughly $300 for 120 cupcakes and delivery.
  • It's also included with our venue (Jeffery A Miller Catering/ Aldie Mansion). Perhaps it's too late -- but their selection comes from local bakeries and the tasting seems like they definitely know what they're doing (we're getting carrot cake with legit cream cheese dressing -- Yum!). Given what's included with the cost, we think the cake part of the budget is very reasonable.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_wedding-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:5563d4ed-2cef-474d-ae8e-8badc8252225Post:f7e655b9-e806-4ca9-92c1-189bd4e79304">Re: wedding cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know how much their cakes normally cost because it's included with our venue, but Granny Schmidt's cakes are beautiful and delicious!
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]
  • Kinsley Shop Right - had good cake/princing and looks when i went to an expo... i am haveing a co worker make mine - she does ones like on foodnetwork - and i thought it was a great price let me know if you want her contact info :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards