Canada-Vancouver

Help with Invitations!

I have been scouring the internet looking for invitations..and I am getting very frustrated with the process. I ordered a few samples from Wedding paper divas but they were nothing like what I was expecting and all got nixed by both sets of parents! I have been to Micheals while we were entertaining the thought of DIY invites but with going to school full time and working, we decided that we would look to see whether we could order from somewhere local (where I can actually see the invites rather than waiting three weeks and being horribly disappointed!).. any ideas about invite vendors that are resonably priced? Someone had mentioned Paper Poets in New West, any reviews about the place?

Re: Help with Invitations!

• canadagkcanadagk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used vistaprint. They mail you a free sample kit but I'm guessing from your post their quality won't be what your looking for.
    They have really nice ones at Party Bazaar but they are quite pricy but may be what your looking for.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I did my own invites, but I found lots of inspiration at these two places:

Making Memories - Scrapbook store on Hastings in Burnaby, www.makingmemorieswithscrapbooking.com
    Zing Paperie & Design - in Coal Harbour, zingdesign.ca

Both great stores, really helpful staff, and they can either make your invites for you, or do a mix so you can put them together yourself.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I used the DIY kits from Michaels ... I have 4 kids, work full time, plus on a huge weightloss kick (I have NO spare time, lol) and honestly they took no time at all ... took 2 of us sitting around having some wine and chatting and we were done assembling 75 of them in less than 2 hours ... was a huge saver for us since we were able to get them at but one get one, but they always have those 40% off coupons there ...

I have used vistaprint in the past for business related reasons but have always been impressed with their products and printing ...

Good luck !!
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine from Staples... I think if you went into the store they could print you a sample.  check their website for the different backgrounds available.  Although they do not have 'embellishments' such as ribbons, etc I felt the design I chose for the paper was quite lovely, and definitely well priced!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amattam5amattam5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I shall definitely look into Vistaprints and those DIY websites again! 
  • asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try www.cardsandpockets.com thats where I ordered mine and I have been getting tons of compliments on them! :) 
    Anniversary
  • phansellphansell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the invites at the Sweetness Buffet. They are located in Winnipeg, but could definitely ship out here (thats what I am doing), very reasonable and they can customize them. 
  • becky&andrebecky&andre member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a local etsy vendor?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards