Maryland
Options

Inexpensive wedding cakes for an intimate wedding?

I am getting married in Chesapeake Beach, MD in July, and I am only having about 20 guests.  I am having a difficult time so far finding a baker that will make a simple, small two-tiered cake for less than $150.  Does anyone have any advice or recommendations?  I am not interested in spending a lot of money for such a small cake.

Thanks!

Re: Inexpensive wedding cakes for an intimate wedding?

• Options
    mandamarie81mandamarie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a good idea!  I guess I never thought about checking there for a tiered cake.  

Thanks!
  • Options
    sgilsgil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did cupcakes and a two-tiered cake for our wedding.  We wanted the cake just for the traditional cutting.  The pricing and  flavor were awesome.  The cake only came out to be $50 dollars, but then again it was a very small cake. We got ours from Touche Touchet in Columbia  http://touchetouchetbakery.com.  They've only been around for about five years (maybe) and I think that's the only reason their prices are so affordable, but I have a feeling that this will end soon, as they become more popular. Their customer service is fabulous and the place is always busy.
  • Options
    mandamarie81mandamarie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  I actually was asking around to people I know, and I think I found someone who will do a small cake for me for $50.  She just makes them out of her home, and has been making wedding cakes for 20 years or so.  So we're going to try that!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards