Maryland
Options

Married, Vendor Report

We got married 10/5/2012.  It was a beautiful day, all most no issue came up that I'm aware of.  We were married in Cecil County outside on the North East river.  Couldn't be happier!!

Here's my vendor report:

- Wellwood Yacht Club, Charlestown:  5 out of 5.  Everything, I mean everything was taken care of.  They were so organized, everything ran perfectly.  Angela, the event coordinator was hard to get a hold of by email, and I'm more comfortable with having record of everything, but that was solved by emailing her then calling her and letting her know I wanted some questions answered in writing and she had an email from me. Over all these guys were great.  Everyone raved about the food, how smooth everything ran, and how beautiful it was there.  Angela took care of everything, set up all my decorations, perfect!  I couldn't say enough good about this place!

- It's Your Day DJ, Jimmy Higgins, Easton: 5 out of 5.  First off Jimmy SAVED us!  My original DJ cancelled 6 weeks out and luckily Jimmy didn't have our Friday booked so he swooped in and did a crazy great job.  He did both the ceremony and reception music perfectly.  Everything was up dancing all night, he came to check with us before each thing (dances, cake cutting, etc...) to make sure we were ready.  It was nice not to have to pay attention to time at all.  He also has great energy an did a awesome job MCing the whole night.

- Keven Quinlan, Photographer, Chesapeake City - I don't have the pictures back so I won't rate him yet, but he was on time (with his BABY being born the day before!!), very very nice, and directed us well.  I didn't notice him during the ceremony/reception much, which I like.  My Mom said he was always snapping shots and moving around for different angles.

- Michael Brazda, Videographer: 1 out of 5.  Him I'll rate even though we don't have anything back yet because he did nothing but irritate me from the night before the wedding until it was over.  First he calls me at 4:30p the night before to ask questions I'd already answered, yeah we're at the rehearsal like every other couple getting married the next day... The biggest irritant was that after I asked him (multiple times) to fade into the background as much possible he stands about 10 feet from us during the ceremony so he's in all my guests' pictures, and he shined this incredibly bright light on us throughout the reception and was always 5 feet away... this video better be awesome....

- Fair Hill Florist, Elkton: 5 out of 5.  What can I say, everything looked amazing, everything was on time.

- Marriage Man, Officiant, Penns Grove NJ: 4 out of 5:  Did a great job at the ceremony but was kind of a pain to work with otherwise.  Talks A LOT, took 20 minutes to get a answer to a simple question.  Fought with me and my Mom a bit right before the ceremony on how we were doing the unity candle b/c he thought it wouldn't work well.  I didn't care, I was doing it for Mom so how ever she wanted it was how we were going to do it.  He just kept talk about how it was a bad idea and it took to long to get him to drop it and I really didn't need that 10 minutes before walking down the aisle...

- Cameo Bridal, Glen Burnie: 5 out of 5:  These ladies know there stuff and have an AWESOME selection.  I worked with Genna, she was so much fun and knew exactly what would look best on me.  When I was stuck trying to choose between two dresses, she said I looked better in the one that was less expensive so you know they're honest!  I tried dresses on at a few other places and had a hard time finding anything I liked.  At Cameo I had the opposite problem, I loved almost everything I tried on!  P.S had a TERRIBLE experience at Davids bridal, unhelpful people... my girl didn't bring me a single dress, didn't help me try them on, nothing, waste of a hour.  Plus I wasn't at all impressed with there stock in the slightest, though that maybe b/c I didn't know it and no one was helping find anything...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Married, Vendor Report

• Options
    What was your rough price point per person for he club?
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_married-vendor-report?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:90a55c4e-fdf9-4acd-b1e5-0cc1802a5280Post:571f0726-4a01-46a8-89c4-29370c9b9d9c">Re: Married, Vendor Report</a>:
    [QUOTE]What was your rough price point per person for he club?
    Posted by ashlidie[/QUOTE]

The Wellwood was $795 for the tent, I did the better of the two buffet options, it was $47.50 a person plus tax and tip, better of the two open bar options $24.46 a person plus tax and tip, base linens are included (just about nay color under the sun), I got some extra overlays that were ~$7 a table.  The ceremony site was $636, arch, chairs, water bottles in ice, and tables for DJ/welcome stuff/unity candle/water are all included with linens.  PM me if you have any more questions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You are wonderful, thanks so much! A friend of mine really wants a waterfront venue and this looks so pretty!
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    It was BEAUTIFUL!! I had multiple guess tell me things likes it looked like something out of a movie, I've never been to a prettier venue, etc... I was originally going to go with kitty night house but the venue site has a chain link fence before the water view, so glad I went with the wellwood.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    YAY About Wellwood :-D  So happy we booked!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards