Maryland

Venue Help

So I thought I knew what I wanted, til we went to The Other Barn today and I was very disappointed. I am looking for something simple but pretty. And most importantly CHEAP..I am trying to stick to a serious budget. I have looked into almost every venue on the bc I love you post. But still am not sold or on anything. So now I am trying to think in a different direction. Does anyone know anything about Gray Rock Mansion, a friend of mine just recommended I call them?? I just feel lost...need any advice that you can give me. Wedding April 2013...and I don't have a venueCry

Re: Venue Help

• More info...I am open to just about anything..a golf course, a hotel, a renovated barn...just feel so overwhelmed bc I really need to stick to a budget. We have about 100 guests and I need to do everything in 9k or less (preferably less)...but good news..Dj, and cake are free and already arranged.
  • I am not sure where in MD you are searching but I just went to a beautiful wedding this past weekend held held at The Barn at Serra Valley Farms in Mt. Airy, MD: http://serravalleyfarms.com/Serravalley_Farms/Function_Center.html It was a beautiful location!!  You can probably keep costs low depending on your caterer.

Good luck!
  • What is your budget?  Where in MD are you looking to have your wedding?  It is really hard to give good and useful recommendations without these answers.

• The barn in Serra valley will run you 2500 for the rental. But that gives you the space there to have yoru ceremony as well. I just booked my venue i'm getting married at The Tea Hill barn in Elkton. The price is a three day rental and i got it all for $560! Therefore it's awesome, the bottom of the barn is renovated and the top isn't but the tall ceilings and the old rustic looks works! The picture below is the barn. I think it's full of charm and cute!
  • Are you sure you can count out everything on the list? The above two are on there, and I can recommend that Howard county conservancy, camp Puhtok, and union mills homestead would also fit your budget
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_venue-help-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:d92effdc-7d70-43c3-8a15-5cabdd0ec45ePost:fcb70002-0aaf-4cb1-bf65-99c587ccb85d">Re: Venue Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you sure you can count out everything on the list? The above two are on there, and I can recommend that Howard county conservancy, camp Puhtok, and union mills homestead would also fit your budget
    Posted by ashlidie[/QUOTE]

When I was looking at the list I couldn't figure out to save my life how to get any information on the Union Mills Homestead! It was one of the closest venues to my home but there wasn't any information on it?
  • take a look at FABNet.info they have some good venues on there that are worth looking at.  You should also call Ostertag Vistas

Chris

• Thank you all for your help!! Sorry I haven't been on in a few days...my sister had a baby and we were camped out at the hosp waiting for 24 hours straight! But I think we may have found a venue..Wakefield valley in westminster. It is very affordable, a golf course so it has pretty scenary and a nice inside hall. Not the fanciest place in the world..but when we left my fiancee said this is perfect, this is us (his first useful input...HAHA)
  • In Response to Re: Venue Help:
    Thanks for posting those Tea Barn shots / info!  The parks website has next to nothing on that place! 
  • In Response to Re: Venue Help:
    Thanks for posting those Tea Barn shots / info!  The parks website has next to nothing on that place! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards