Maryland
Options

Photographer Recs

Hello,

I'm a new "knottie" and just got engaged this past weekend.

I wanted to start gathering recs for a photographer for our engagement pics. 

Can you all recommend a few?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer Recs

• Options
    I think I would look into wedding photographers in general, maybe not just an engagement photographer.  By accident we ended up having two engagement session and FI was not happy about this.  One was free that we used for save the dates (found the guy off craigslist who offered free photos to anyone who got engaged for valentines day).  Then our wedding photog's package included an engagement session she refered to as the "getting to know you session."  Many will separate the two and you can opt to have one or not have one but I do recommend doing your E-session with your wedding photog so they can get to know you and your style first.

Now I can give recommendations but you need to provide some semblance of a budget, and again I only know for full wedding photography not just engagement sessions.  
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

We didn't have engagement pics done (H and I just didn't see the point in them and/or spending the  extra money), but our photographer for our wedding was amazing!  I am sure she would also do an amazing job on e-pics as well.

Her name is Jennifer McMenamin. 
    Here is the link to her blog - http://jennifermcmenamin.wordpress.com/
    As well as her main website - http://www.jennifermcmenamin.com/

• Options
    PP's photog is freaking awesome, I looked into her but was just over my budget
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I almost went with this guy for my wedding Brian Ray. My friend used him for her wedding and her pics were awesome. He turned out to be a little over our budget so we ended up going with a company called "The Pros."   Most photographers will give you a discount if you use them for both engagement photos and then the actual wedding.  Try looking on weddingwire.com to read reviews of some local photogs.

• Options

Congratulations on getting engaged! :)

I'm not sure where in MD you are located, but I'm currently offering free on location photography sessions (DE / MD / PA areas) as I build my portfolio. I would absolutely love to photograph you and your fiance! If you are interested, you can email me at contact.lnicolephotography@gmail.com - I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have :)

• Options
    I know this is late, but my photographer, Photos by Holly, includes an engagement session with every package. She's located on the Eastern Shore, but will travel for no cost. 
  • Options
    <div>How did you like "The Pros"? I am leaning towards them because my budget is $1,600.</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_photographer-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:dcc0094c-977c-492a-8ad1-bc5b4823079cPost:01f58984-007b-41e2-9bb0-db8d804a35a1">Re: Photographer Recs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I almost went with this guy for my wedding Brian Ray. My friend used him for her wedding and her pics were awesome. He turned out to be a little over our budget so we ended up going with a company called "The Pros."   Most photographers will give you a discount if you use them for both engagement photos and then the actual wedding.  Try looking on weddingwire.com to read reviews of some local photogs. <a href="http://www.brianraystudios.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.brianraystudios.com/</a>
    Posted by KangBeidi23[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    <div>Our budget is $1600 for wedding photography, $300 for engagement and $2,000 for videography. </div><div>
    </div><div>Any recommendations. Most likely getting married in Maryland</div><div>Thank you!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_photographer-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:dcc0094c-977c-492a-8ad1-bc5b4823079cPost:770bde31-6d2d-4465-8079-66716fe95afc">Re: Photographer Recs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I would look into wedding photographers in general, maybe not just an engagement photographer.  By accident we ended up having two engagement session and FI was not happy about this.  One was free that we used for save the dates (found the guy off craigslist who offered free photos to anyone who got engaged for valentines day).  Then our wedding photog's package included an engagement session she refered to as the "getting to know you session."  Many will separate the two and you can opt to have one or not have one but I do recommend doing your E-session with your wedding photog so they can get to know you and your style first. Now I can give recommendations but you need to provide some semblance of a budget, and again I only know for full wedding photography not just engagement sessions.  
    Posted by ashlidie[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    A few of our friends used Brodie Ledford Photography. I was actually in two of the 3 weddings and am glad that I was.....They were awesome photographers! Really fun and the pictures were amazing! You know It's good when someone can take a picture of me that i love! I'm so critical...Laughing  My Fiance' and I are getting married next year in May and the first thing that we did was book Brodie Ledford Photography! To be honest we weren't sure about doing engagement pictures but it all worked within our budget so we are! We will use the pictures for our save the dates! Can't wait!!!..... They were really great and put together a package for us that was exactly what we wanted. Hopefully they have your date available! good luck!

• Options
    I know I am a little late here but in case anyone is still looking.  I had a wonderful experience with my engagement photographer that I want to let everyone know.  The pictures turned out beautiful and since she is still building her business she is very reasonably priced and her pictures are high quality.  My wedding is not till this summer but all the picure I have seen her do look wonderful. Check out her blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards