Michigan-Northern

Ceremony Sites in Traverse City...Any Ideas?

Hi ladies,

I'm looking to get married in Traverse City summer of 2011.  Any ideas on outdoor sites that overlook the water?  I'm planning this wedding from out of state, so anything helps.  Thanks so much!!

Re: Ceremony Sites in Traverse City...Any Ideas?

• booffybooffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We initially wanted the same thing....and it is not easy! You would think with such a beautiful area there would be tons of spots right on the water...We found the folllowing options:
    - Getting permit from town to have wedding on one of the public beaches;
    - Old Mission Lighthouse, again have to get permit;
    - Orchestrated Grace wedding planners have a variety of beautiful private locations (one is right on the water in TC);
    - The ParkShore Resort--has beach location, but little privacy
    - Bowers Harbor Inn--This is what we chose.  Its not ON the beach, but you have the Bay in the background and is a beautiful setting for a ceremony.

There are also other locations on the Leelenau peninsula if you are willing to branch out of TC...The Homestead in Glen Arbor also has some beautiful ceremony spots!

Hope this helps!

• edited December 2011
    If you're willing to travel just a little farther north, we're getting married at the Beach House of the Headlands in Mackinaw City, MI. We got the entire park for two nights for $800, it's super private and right on the beach.

Check it out:
    http://www.emmet.mi.us/parkrec/headlands.htm
  • edited December 2011
    Theres also the Waterfront which has a deck that outlooks the bay.
  • ljsanokljsanok member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother was married at Bowers Harbor Inn - the pics are beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kellyg1015kellyg1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Castle Farms is 40 minutes north, and doesn't overlook the water.  But, it's a castle!
  • jojo1013jojo1013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got married at the Crooked Creek Ranch on the Leelanau Peninsula and it was amazing.  There is a rustic well appointed barn for the reception with wrought iron lighting and a bar.  We got married on the lake, appetizers outside and then dinner in the barn.

• ashlebenashleben member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was harder than I thought it would be.  It makes it easier if you are doing the cermeony and reception at one site becuase that seems to be the new thing.  I however, have two differerent sites.  In the end I decided on Bower's Harbor Inn because my fiance lives on Old Mission Peninsula and actually worked there once and I worked at a winery out there.  I looked at a lot of other nice places though.  If you actually wanted to get married on the beach there are a lot of hotels that do this including The Holiday Inn and The Cherry Tree Inn, though that has to be smaller.  Chateau Chantel has an amazing view of vineyards and the bay but it has to be a smaller wedding.    More of the wineries on Leelanau Peninsula will do weddings with great views.  The Haggerty Center is also right on the bay and has a reception site too.  There's not really a bad spot to tell you the truth, I loved them all.  But as I found out, you need to get on things quickly some of these places really book up fast.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Roxygrl2002Roxygrl2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how big of a wedding you're looking for, but if you want unique, I know the Manitou Ship does weddings! Then you'd be right on the bay. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards