California-Orange County
Options

In Expensive Reception Locations?

I am in Orange County, CA and I am getting married! duh! But I have been looking around at place for receptions and ceremony and they just seem way out of control, I mean almost 15K for a wedding, if I had the money Great! but I don't and I still want to get married. So, I was wondering if there are any locations anyone knows about that are reasonable. I am open to areas in L.A. , San Diego, Riverside, and OC. Any help would be appreciated and you would be helping me so much! Kiss

Re: In Expensive Reception Locations?

• Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests are you having??? That changes the locations we can recommend.
  • Options
    genisegenise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try community centers, parks, the beach, a friend's backyard. 
  • Options
    mgfoxmgfox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are planning on having about 100 guest and we were thinking our budget be 5-maybe 6k max, its coming out of our pockets:(
  • Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well 5K for 100 ppl is tough.  I suggest looking into La Muse Cafe which is in a historic building with a pretty courtyard.  I looked on their website and it starts at around $20 per person.

Here is the link:  www.lamusecafe.com/weddingsandbanquets
  • Options
    jjacobsrnjjacobsrn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check local restaurants that do only banquets -- some come to the bridal shows now and then.  I forget the names right now.  Also, you can check community centers, but most charge about $4k in this area for a Saturday... and that doesn't include anything except some chairs and tables.  I love the Ole Hanson Beach Club for a mid-week thing... very cheap but balcony overlooks ocean.  (Sat night is way high though). 

• Options
    kitsune143kitsune143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our budget and guest list is the same as yours - and trust me, it can work!

We are having our reception at the William P Murray Senior and Community Center in Mission Viejo. It is a beautiful location, with lots of parking. The room we are renting is less than $60/hour, I believe. It is worth looking into, at least.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    KatieFiaKatieFia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother had a wedding in Newport Beach on the Electra Cruise line for about 5K. I think he had about 100 people but maybe a little less. Anyway I believe he said everything was included, DJ, bar, food, decor, cake, etc. You just have to take care of the officiant, your dress, and your bridal party. It's worth looking into. Good luck! 
  • Options
    mgfoxmgfox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your responses, we are having a tough time, and we have cut our guest list down, ALOT, and I will look into the boats in Newport. I am a besch girl :) .... i will also look into the mission viejo location....
  • Options
    cheftaxicheftaxi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Community Center banquet facilities.  Rancho Santa Margarita Bell Tower is lovely with a large lawn area for ceremony and great ballroom.  Also look at Sea Country Community Center in Laguna Niguel.  Ole Hanson in San Clemente is another location with a great ocean view.  We have catered at all these spots.  Kirbside@dslextreme.com.  Happy hunting!
    Linda
  • Options
    LABettyLABetty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Rococo Room in Pasadena.  I am thinking about planning my wedding there and thus far it has been one of the most affordable venues I've found.
  • Options
    aghafariaghafari member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you MUST check out

www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=2&ved=0CBYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fegov.ocgov.com%2Focgov%2FOC%2520Dana%2520Point%2520Harbor%2FOC%2520Sailing%2520and%2520Events%2520Center&ei=ljhtS8aDAoe4Nt_rsdcE&usg=AFQjCNH1B4d5ux-oKisV87jjSs1RIei2DA&sig2=hJtjUSVv5J30Rq-Np6R2Tg" class="l" onmousedown="return rwt(this,'','','res','2','AFQjCNH1B4d5ux-oKisV87jjSs1RIei2DA','&sig2=hJtjUSVv5J30Rq-Np6R2Tg','0CBYQFjAB')">OC Sailing and Events Center - Orange County California

it's awesome and right on the beach, it's owned by the state and comes out to less than $1,500 on a SATURDAY NIGHT, you get use of the outdoor and indoor area, they have a HUGE kitchen and reception area with chairs and tables, you have to bring everything else
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards