California-Orange County

Invitation Wording Problem...

Hello knotties,
I am creating the wedding invites for my husband's family member and have a question about the request she has...I know its not proper etiquette, but the bride and groom are requesting cash only gifts, She wants me to write it in the invites and Im wondering if any of you have a suggestion on how to word this, It is also an adults only reception so I have to include that as well.

Their reason for wanting cash only is that they are not moving into their own place for a while and will not have anywhere to store gifts.

I appreciate the feedback.

Re: Invitation Wording Problem...

• kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Is this couple adament about putting the cash gifts on the invite? I can't really think of a nice way to put it. Why don't they just register at honeyfund or something that gives them the cash and then you can put that the couple is registered at: xyz.com?

For the no kids, I think I said, "Please join us for an adults only reception following the ceremony".

• BabyPanda1147BabyPanda1147 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There really is NO WAY to word that they want cash only, however, you could include a separate card inside the invitation letting the guests know that there is a money tree at the wedding. Or you could say something like "The happy couple has a money tree on the wedding, please bring checks or cash to hang on their tree" or something like that... the wording is difficult.

I think the BEST option is the put the couples website on the invitation and then on the registry page of the website say something about a money tree or lead them to a registry site that only allows couples to give cash.

http://www.depositagift.com/?gclid=CKec6sD_sqMCFRhaiAod_HOi4g

It is considered socially incorrect to write, “no children please” on the invitation or any part of the wedding ensemble.

A more appropriate (although some think still questionable) way to address this is to include a separate reception card in your invitation suite which includes the reception details (location, address, time). The last line can state “Adult Only Reception”.

Ideally, if you would prefer no children at the reception it is best to share that information word of mouth before the wedding via family members or members of the bridal party.
  • lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently attended a wedding  where the invitations said.....

"no boxed gifts please as the couple is in transition"....I took the hint and gave them a check.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards