Colorado

Patty Burling At Mountain Ave Bridal took my money, didn't deliver dress

I ordered my dress in February from Patty Burling at Mountain Avenue Bridal in Fort Collins, and was repeatedly told that everything was fine...Pronovias was just running late.  Finally, about a week ago, we found out the dress wasn't coming at all (and that she had known for weeks it wasn't coming), and made an appt for a few days ago so we could figure out a solution.  After taking the day off work and driving hours to get there, we found a locked and empty store.  I now have three weeks to find a dress before my August 29 wedding, and small chance of ever recouping the losses.  I am so upset and angry.  I heard that it happened to other brides too.  Anyone out there?

Re: Patty Burling At Mountain Ave Bridal took my money, didn't deliver dress

• alidnc13alidnc13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi I'm so sorry to hear that....there are a lot of us and you need to contact the Better Business Bureau in Fort Collins....ask for Shelley Glause, she is the one helping me out. There is a bridal store in Loveland that is helping brides out that were affected by Patty taking our money and not giving us our dresses. The name of the store is Wed Wisely. See if they can help. Also file with small claims court and call your credit card company to try to get the payment reversed. Good luck and know that you still will have a beautiful wedding!
  • *Snow*flake**Snow*flake* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I did report her to BBB, and Shelley responded.  I also got another dress at D'Anelli Bridal in Lakewood, and they were super nice and helpful.
  • *Snow*flake**Snow*flake* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And good luck to you too!  At least you have a bit more time!
  • edited December 2011
    Your stories about this horriable situation have made it onto Yahoo... I saw the article today and knew that I had to visit this board to tell you ladies how sorry I am to hear about this.  I cant imagine how awful it must be to have ordered a dress and then find out that it's not coming. I will be thinking of you ladies and hoping that this gets sorted out very soon for all of you.  HANG IN THERE! Good Luck!  
  • edited December 2011
    Many of the articles at the time indicated an investigation was being conducted.  Does anyone know if charges were brought up?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards