California-San Diego

Wedding Party Getaway ???!!! HELP!

Hello! I'm the bride and have been asked by a few of my bridesmaids if there is anything special we are going to do for the wedding party. My wedding is in May of next year and I thought I had enough time to plan it. Some are expecting to do a weekend getaway, co-ed or just an all gals night, my question is: Would I be the one planning both getaways?? 
My fiance and I want to throw a party for all of our bridal party, but we weren't planning a weekend getaway.... I think that may just add up to my stress... 
Any ideas? Maybe a small co-ed getaway with games and just hanging out... Any ideas near S.D. County..?? 
OR any ideas for fun parties or things we can do together that don't require a lot of work or money on my behalf??..

PLEASE HELP!Sealed

Re: Wedding Party Getaway ???!!! HELP!

• edited September 2012
    Hello! I'm the bride and have been asked by a few of my bridesmaids if there is anything special we are going to do for the wedding party. My wedding is in May of next year and I thought I had enough time to plan it. Some are expecting to do a weekend getaway, co-ed or just an all gals night, my question is: Would I be the one planning both getaways?? 
    My fiance and I want to throw a party for all of our bridal party, but we weren't planning a weekend getaway.... I think that may just add up to my stress... 
    Any ideas? Maybe a small co-ed getaway with games and just hanging out... Any ideas near S.D. County..?? 
    OR any ideas for fun parties or things we can do together that don't require a lot of work or money on my behalf??..

PLEASE HELP!Sealed
  • What do you mean by "anything special we are going to do for the wedding party"? Are you talking about the bachelor/ette parties, or something different?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Other than getting the wedding party gifts I've never heard of doing "anything special for the wedding party".  Though I agree with Chels that I'm not 100% sure what that means. I think you have enough to plan with the wedding coming up that just getting them gifts at the rehersal dinner is enough. The brides mother/bridesmaids usually plan the shower and the bridesmaids usually plan the bachlorette. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If your bridal party wants to Host a getaway, then yay great, but you should not be expected to do one for them!  If its something you want to do, then sure suggest planning something with them, but in no means are you obligated to plan a getwaway.  what you and your finace want to do for them is up to you and your fiance.  

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards