Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Cincinnati indoor wedding day photo locations in case it rains?

I'm trying to plan out our day-of schedule now, including where to stop for photos before or after the ceremony, and just realized that every potential location I have is outdoors. What if the sky decides to open up all day that day?

The ceremony is in Oakley and the reception is in OTR (10/20/12). I was planning on taking separate photos in Eden or Ault Park before the ceremony, then stopping at Fountain Square and Washington Park for photos of everyone after the ceremony (we're not seeing one another beforehand... probably). But I don't have a rainy day backup plan. Any ideas (please!)??

Re: Cincinnati indoor wedding day photo locations in case it rains?

• Options
    The interior of the Westin Lobby downtown has lots of glass as well as the skywalk from Tower Place to Macy's. Sounds silly...but here is a link, no idea who this person is, just one of the photographers sites I follow.

http://www.clittleblog.sqsp.com/blog/ygyrs0lxduuwzbo2jylho5h5yfbics
  • Options
    What about seeing if you can do photos at Findley Market? It's pretty cool in there and busy. I bet it would make for some amazing pictures
  • Options
    What time is your wedding? My fiance and I are not seeing each other before the wedding either, we are getting married Octo 27, and I am a bit nervous about how much sunlight there will be after the wedding. Did you consider that?

Our wedding is on Oct 27th at 4:30. We will get out at 5:30 and sunset is 6:41.
  • Options
    What about the Cincinnati Observatory in Eden Park? I'm sure if you called them beforehand that they would be totally willing to have you come in and take some pictures...plus it would still give you an "outdoorsy" feel without the threat of rain! There's also the Cincinnati Observatory near Ault Park, which is very pretty inside (and outside!), but again, I think you'll need to call them beforehand because they aren't usually open all day, every day.

Also, I don't know if this is even an issue for your timeline or whatnot (you may have a ton of time built in for photography, I don't know!), but it sounds like you're trying to visit A LOT of locations for photos. I actually am a part-time wedding photography assistant, and I know we're always super concerned about our brides/grooms being realistic with their photo time. Definitely not trying to throw a wrench in your plans by any means, just trying to help...you may want to just pick one, or two locations max for photos (maybe one before the ceremony, and one after?). You don't want to have to be stressed out about making sure you visit every photo location you can...and you don't want your photographer to be stressing out either to make sure that they get you to Point A to Point B to Point C on time, while also visiting all of the locations you requested. From my own personal experience, when we know a bride/groom has several locations they want to visit, it's hard to get everyone to completely relax and just enjoy the photography process because it's constantly go-go-go to a new location.

Again, this may not even apply to you, and I'm sure whatever you choose to do will be perfect for your wedding day, and I have no doubt your photos will be gorgeous. Just trying to help! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the great suggestions, ladies! Findlay Market is a really great idea that I would recommend for anyone who hadn't worked at Findlay Market for way too many years in high school and college and wouldn't hate going back there, haha. I bet that's a great spot for photos though! The skywalk sounds neat and I'm going to give the Krohn Conservatory a call because that is one seriously awesome idea!

I had considered the lack of sunlight which is why I STILL haven't decided if we're going to see one another beforehand. I would prefer that we didn't, but the ceremony is at 6:00 and it's catholic so we'll be in there for at least an hour, meaning it will definitely be dark or almost dark afterward. I would prefer to take photos in two locations, one before and one after, but all of my potential locations are out if it rains! The good news is that one location, weather permitting, is better at night because it's all lit up - Fountain Square (where he proposed) - so we can still do that one after dark.

Thanks for all the good ideas :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards