Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Gown Alterations & Undergarments - Need Reco for Good Local Places

Hi ladies! 

My gown is supposed to be in next week and I need to jump on alterations ASAP (wedding is in March) I have lost about 20 lbs. since ordering so I know some serious alterations will be needed.  Also, my dress is sort of complex - lots of different textures. 

So, I need some recos on really great alteration studios or people who are efficient and not crazy expensive.  Can you help?  If you do provide a suggestion, I'd love an example of why you feel this person/place is worth recommending.

Also, are there some good lingerie stores for bridal undergarments?  I don't want to go to VS or Macy's - I don't ever have much luck with the way their stuff fits as well as the quality.  I was thinking about Nordstoms... any advice?

Thanks!!

Re: Gown Alterations & Undergarments - Need Reco for Good Local Places

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For alterations, I'd go with Tony King (who I used) or Stitches by Pauline (also highly rec'd on this board).

For undergarments, try Knickers in Hyde Park. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Pauline, which is who I worked with. She can get work done quickly, and it is good work. I don't have any recommendations in the lingere places. I will say, that I looked at Nordstroms and they didn't have a good selection. They carry spanx but I couldn't find any good bras.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my first fitting with Pauline last night (for March 6th wedding) and was VERY impressed!  My dress does not need a lot done- only cups, hem, and bustle, but my dress is asymetrical so the hem and bustle really weren't that simple to figure out.  She was very nice and reasonably priced.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you are looking for lingerie - go to Knickers in Hyde park square. They can measure you properly and can order something in for you. They will not sell you something that doesnt work with your dress or doesnt fit.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards