Connecticut
Options

Where to buy pumpkins?

So my source to buy 100+ munchkin pumpkins failed with the onslaught of hurricane Irene (he lost all his crops, poor guy). But I’m still planning on having these little pumpkins as place settings:

http://pinterest.com/pin/26902772/

So where is the best/cheapest place in CT where I can buy a ton of these before my big day on the 10/28?

Re: Where to buy pumpkins?

• Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where in CT are you located? You might have to go to several different places to get all of them. I think Lyman Orchards in New Haven has a good selection (not sure though)... Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would think Lyman or any other farm/apple picking type place. If not, maybe multiple place like that depending on their stock
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in simsbury, Hartford area
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know Lyman Orchards in Middlefield has pumpkins!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Theres also Bishops Orchard in Guilford, like Lyman
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can try Belltown Orchards in Glastonbury. I'd call the farm to double check their crops. Hurricane Irene wiped out lots of pumpkins =[

Or check in at your local Whole Foods? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Brown's harvest in Windsor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jones in Shelton, or a lot of Stew Lenard stores have them (Danbury, Norwalk, Newington)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know for sure, but I'm going to guess Paul and Sandy's in East Hampton.  They have the infamous "Pumpkintown"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to use this as well and pin my place cards on them. Good Luck finding the pumpkins
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pick n patch in Avon usually has a ton of them try calling them!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_buy-pumpkins?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:076fc7de-afe1-4dd5-8aaa-64d6d08ce1baPost:8a40ab25-9f9b-43e6-a4fd-213a189802d3">Re: Where to buy pumpkins?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jones in Shelton, or a lot of Stew Lenard stores have them (Danbury, Norwalk, Newington)
    Posted by crushme8602[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to say that I REALLY miss Stew Stew's and wish they would come up to Boston!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    try wal-mart (as silly as it seems)
    John & Christine - 7/14/2012 - Getting Married at the new Farmington Gardens! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!
    Any of you remember last fall what the prices were? I'm just trying to budget here ;)
    Wal-mart's a good idea, I never thought of that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    blue jay orchards in bethel has tons of pumpkins and gourds in all sizes...and amazing cider donuts!Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amazing817Amazing817 member
    First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always get them at BJ's Wholesale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards