Connecticut

Webb Barn in Wethersfield?

Has anyone been to a wedding there or had their own wedding there? I love it. The garden, the barn, the quaint town, the space, how it seems like Katie and her staff are flexible, affordable, they will let me have my doggies there (very important!). My fiance and I want to get married in October '13 and I love just about everything about fall and I think this place will really help capture the scenery with it being edged with woods!

It's a bit scary finally getting into formal stages of planning. I read some reviews online and they were okay, but it seems as if a few of the not-so-good ones were older.

Any comments/suggestions/thoughts?

Our budget is about $15,000 for the entire wedding and the ceremony and reception would be here and be $3,000, does that seem okay?

Re: Webb Barn in Wethersfield?

• We were just there a couple of weeks ago and it was seriously one of the best weddings we have ever been to. I don't really know what the couple's budget was though, so can't help you there. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I'm getting married there in August!  I haven't been to an actual wedding there yet, but I can tell you from my experience that little things are starting to add up.  For example, the rental cost is for a 4 hour ceremony.  We are adding on two additional hours at $200/hour.  We are also bringing in our own tables/chairs so there is a rental cost on top of the $250 or so they charge for removal of their own tables/chairs.

We originally booked the Barns and Wesleyan Hills and cancelled for the Webb Barn... I do think it's nice that you have more control over everything so you should be fine staying within your budget!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married at the Webb Barn in May of 2013. We fell in love with the Barn right away and can't wait to get married there. The site rental fee will be a large portion of you budget, so you will have to be careful watching you budget with other things. For example, try to use the tables and chairs provided. Perhaps you can have a standing ceremony instead of renting folding chairs to use. Also, when we booked the venue they did not have a required vendor list. So, save some money by choosing a quality, but not crazy expensive caterer if you can find one!. We are offering beer, wine, and a signature cocktail instead of a full open bar which is saving some . Feel free to send me a PM to chat more. I would also be happy to let you borrow out decor, like mason jars, wood crates, etc.
  • You got the additional hours for $200 an hour? The brochure thing they gave me said $500 per hour for a maximum of 2 hours ($1000) did their prices change or did you get a deal?

• I booked back in March 2011, so prices have definitely gone up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked the Webb Barn in November and I believe it was $100 or $200 for each additional hour after the initial 4 hours offered with the venue rental. They do have a noise ordinance, so the wedding has to end at 10 pm, just FYI. The also charge if you want to rehearse there, but keep in mind they usually have weddings Friday, Saturday, Sunday, so there might be a wedding going on when you want to rehearse. Despite all of these details, we loved the place and can't wait to get married there. We are also using Emily's catering!
  • There will be a lot of kids and older people at the wedding so 10pm "curfew" isn't a big deal. My guess is the prices probably went up at the start of the year, but even then if we do 6 hours (extra 2 hours) it would be $3,500. We'd use their tables and chairs since we aren't a very "fancy" couple and we have a friend who is a chef/caterer and she is going to work with us for the food which she probably would give us a good deal too. Even with that, it's cheaper than other places I've seen. I LOVED The Barns at Wesleyan Hills but we have a smaller wedding (80-90 people so far on the guest list, no invitations have been sent yet, just started really planning) and there was NO way I was going to pay $115 per person on top of the pricey fee to rent the space. This is like a mini more flexible/casual version haha
  • Does anyone know if it is possible to do uplighting at Webb Barn?
  • We Had our Wedding there last year and loved it.  It is more work having to organize everything but you get what you want.
    We used Ascot Catering - right across the street/ The Flower Box did the flowers/ Mattyb Entertainment/ Bob Hennessy photogrpahy/ Stayed at the Silas Robbins house and took pictues there.  Everyone loved the venue.
    Mini moon RDC Squam Lake New Hampshire. Well kept secret.  Perfect if you just want to unwind.  Honeymoon later in Italy
    It was perfect all around if you are looking for a nice place to have a wedding - not overstated. 

I still have the chair covers and chandelier if anyone is interested

Hope thes pictures help

127.jpgwebb barn curtains.JPGflowers.jpgchairs covers.JPGmattyb.jpg320_334.jpgP1070062.jpg
  • <div>I am interested in the chair covers if they are still available!! please email me at afowler51686@gmail.com</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_webb-barn-in-wethersfield?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:27750593-0750-48be-baf7-55f6ed61e352Post:933080fc-d587-4083-96e9-48ee9d2e125f">Re: Webb Barn in Wethersfield?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We Had our Wedding there last year and loved it.  It is more work having to organize everything but you get what you want. We used Ascot Catering - right across the street/ The Flower Box did the flowers/ Mattyb Entertainment/ Bob Hennessy photogrpahy/ Stayed at the Silas Robbins house and took pictues there.  Everyone loved the venue. Mini moon RDC Squam Lake New Hampshire. Well kept secret.  Perfect if you just want to unwind.  Honeymoon later in Italy It was perfect all around if you are looking for a nice place to have a wedding - not overstated.  I still have the chair covers and chandelier if anyone is interested Hope thes pictures help
    Posted by bettyjoh123[/QUOTE]
  • Do you still have wedding decorations? I'm getting married at the Webb in November! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards