Connecticut
Options

Songs to walk in/out of ceremony to?

I can't seem to figure out songs for the ceremony! It is such an important part of the ceremony and I want it to be perfect.  What did you ladies have/are having for bridesmaid walking in, bride walking in, and MARRIED couple walking out of ceremony to?  So excited!!

Re: Songs to walk in/out of ceremony to?

• Options
    edited December 2011

My girls walked in to Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, I walked into All You Need Is Love - Vitamin String Quartet, H&I walked to The Peanuts Theme (this actually elicited a woohoo from the crowd!).

Try to think about songs that mean something to you and or your FI (or between you and your girls). If you want to keep things more traditional but also individual try looking in iTunes for Vitamin String Quartet, they have tons of songs by many different artists (we even used their version of Through The FIre and The Flames (Dragonforce) as our last song & everyone thought it was celtic!).

GL!!

Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We walked out to Take my Hand by Simple Plan, it was really up beat and has great lyrics, not to mention it's just us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The girls walked into a song from the movie The Secret Garden called "Happily Ever After" 

I walked down to "Steady as we go" by Dave Matthews

DH and I walkde out to "All of my Love" by Led Zeppelin

People and the DJ raved about the Zeppelin song too haha

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BP walked in to Cannon in D, and we walked out to Beautiful Day by U2
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bridal party walked in to Butterfly Waltz
    Me & my mom walked in to Christmas Canon (Instrumental version)

DH & I walked out to Smile by Uncle Kracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bridal party etc walked into Vitamin String Quartet's version of "Stolen" (originally Dashboard Confessional) while I came out to VSQ's version of "Hallelujah" (originally by Paramore)  everyone thought it was awesome!  Recessional was an accoustic version ofThe Beatles "all you need is love".

Seriously look into Vitamin String Quartet, they cover everything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My girls walked into "All you need is love" done by Vitamin String Quartet (Check them out on Youtube...they were recommended to me on these boards)

I walked down the aisle to "Can't help falling in love" by Jon Schmidt (also on youtube)

And our recessional was "I gotta feeling" by the black eye'd peas

It took us weeks to decide, but when we did...it was perfect for us and we were so happy with our choices. Dont give up and don't settle! : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted non-traditional old big-band style music.

Mothers/Grandmothers walked in to Someone to Watch Over Me  by Gershwin(Piano)
    BMs walked in to The Man I Love by Gershwin (Piano)
    I walked in to All the Way (sung by Frank Sinatra usually... sung by my wonderful friend)

We recessed to Steppin' Out with my baby (on piano)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • Options
    lallen32683lallen32683 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

BP walked down to  I Will by The Beatles, I walked down to Here, There and Everywhere by The Beatles, and me and my hubby walked back to God Only Knows by The Beach boys...all were instrumental versions.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards