Connecticut

Vegan friendly catering?

So my fiance and I are in the initial stages of planning and I think catering is going to be tough. I am a vegan and he is not. I can find "vegetarian friendly" catering but it always tends to be things like pasta alfredo or other things that are dairy or cheese heavy. Or vegan catering I find just does vegetarian and vegan but there are only going to be 4 vegans at the wedding. No other vegetarians.

To add to it, we are very plain/picky eaters.

Suggestions would be fantastic!

Re: Vegan friendly catering?

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    My caterer, Emily's Catering, has been very accomodating to our requests to have options for a variety of different dietary restrictions - vegan, vegetarian, gluten-intolerant, paleo, etc.  We have 5 different stations, and each station has a vegan option.  They're incredibly creative, and their customer service is excellent.  Best of all?  Their prices were way less than I anticipated (basically average, though their food quality, presentation, and customer service are incredible).

We have 8 passed appetizers - 1 of which would qualify as vegan, but that's by choice (I like seafood).  Our "Meterranean Grazing Table" is a stationary appetizer table, and about 1/2 of the items on that would qualify as vegan, and still be appeasing to non-vegans (babaganoush, hummus, olives, tomato & garlic bruschetta, etc).

Rick is the owner - Cheryl is the main point of contact.  They're both amazing.  I'm going for my tasting in about 2 hours!!!!

Anniversary

• Oh awesome! I'll definitely check them out!
  • At my tasting yesterday (which was incredible, by the way, and we're total foodies), I mentioned your dilemma, and Rick said that a few years ago he did an entirely vegan wedding - the bride and groom didn't want their guests to feel as if it was vegan.  Talk about a challenge!  He did all sorts of different things - a ratatouille and a mushroom risotto were top of the lists.  He has messed around with our menu so much that I know he'd be interested in bouncing ideas around with you to find a menu that you guys AND your guests will love!

Anniversary

• I know that Coastal Catering is very vegetarian / vegan friendly. I've been to three weddings catered by them and have had both vegetarian and vegan entrees. I'm a strict vegetarian - last week I was at a wedding with a vegan entree - everytime I've had something catered by them it's been a different option, so it's good to know that they seem to keep current and change things up a bit. Good luck!
    Laura 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards