Honeymoon Discussions
Options

St Lucia or Antigua?

I think we have it narrowed down to these two options... anybody have anything to say about either? From what I have read St Lucia has more of the mountains and hiking, but Antigua has better beaches and snorkeling?

Would love to hear the pros and cons of each - thanks!!

Re: St Lucia or Antigua?

• Options
    We're going to Antigua for 7 days! We're doing the Sandals resort there because they offer tons of activities and it's a resort meant for couples. I want to go somewhere we can have romantic dinners and walks on the beach. Not a resort with a ton of kids!

FI did the planning but he did some serious research. There are also comparative websites that you should check out to be sure you get everything you need for the price you want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have been to Antigua.  It was a beautiful island and we had fun, but didn't get in too much snorkeling or water activities b/c the water was really rough and churned up the whole time we were there. :-(  There are some good places to visit in town off the resort in Antigua, and it's safe - or at least safer than most islands.

One thing to keep in mind about Antigua is that all of the beaches are public beaches.  So even in a place like Sandals anyone of the general public is allowed on the Sandals beach.  That means vendors, cruise ship patrons, and yes - kids.

We've never been to St. Lucia, but I imagine it to be more outdoorsy and adventure.  I guess it's up to you what you're looking for in a HM...
    Vacation

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards