Connecticut
Options

BM Dress Shopping- Need Recommendations!

So this weekend I am meeting up with three of my BMs and I'd like to browse for dresses again. We have been to David's, Alfred Angelo, The Bridal Mall and Mariella's so far. I don't want to drive the girls crazy, but we haven't found anything yet... Can anyone recommend a Greater Hartford area store we could check out? I'm looking for something with a wide variety of BM styles and if possible samples in plus sizes too.

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: BM Dress Shopping- Need Recommendations!

• Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my BM dresses from Fairytales in Glastonbury b/c I had a good experience with them when I was a BM.  Great customer service (and the alterations on my BM dress came out great) but it's a small shop.  I remember that there was lots to choose from but you may want to check to see if they carry any designers that Mariella's doesn't.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    Stylish Impressions in Farmington. All the girls may not be able to try on the dresses that day, they only keep one or two sizes of each dress, but they clip you in! The staff there is fantastic! I got my dress and my girls dresses there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_bm-dress-shopping-need-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:afe95d76-c6ed-40ac-87b9-33bae0941a9ePost:eeef4274-b1b5-41d2-8cb9-8459064410bc">Re: BM Dress Shopping- Need Recommendations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stylish Impressions in Farmington. All the girls may not be able to try on the dresses that day, they only keep one or two sizes of each dress, but they clip you in! The staff there is fantastic! I got my dress and my girls dresses there.
    Posted by Melissa603[/QUOTE]

Ditto! My entire bridal party came out shopping with me. We went to Harold's in New Haven and it was jut, meh. Stylish Impressions was amazing. It is a quaint little shop that is BIG on customer service. The staff was fabulous and had no problem handling all 11 of us that were along for the shopping trip. We tried on dresses for at least two hours and it was worth it. We bought the dresses on the spot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to the places you mentioned and didn't find anything we liked, but we found styles that the girls agreed upon, which I had them buy online. We were debating between 2 dresses from BHLDN and J.crew. They eventually decided on the sophia gown from J.Crew and they all loved them! no alterations needed!
  • Options
    Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_bm-dress-shopping-need-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:afe95d76-c6ed-40ac-87b9-33bae0941a9ePost:dd56e874-88a5-4e78-8d61-a4d98b2c3af7">Re: BM Dress Shopping- Need Recommendations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BM Dress Shopping- Need Recommendations! : Ditto! My entire bridal party came out shopping with me. We went to Harold's in New Haven and it was jut, meh. Stylish Impressions was amazing. It is a quaint little shop that is BIG on customer service. The staff was fabulous and had no problem handling all 11 of us that were along for the shopping trip. We tried on dresses for at least two hours and it was worth it. We bought the dresses on the spot!
    Posted by MsDiamondPrincess[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree on the customer service! They keep the shop open late, will remember when you call, and are actually excited for people. We never feel rushed. I like that the consultant I worked with actually gave us honest opinions as well as opposed to just giving fluff. She would actually say if something didn't look good, or wasn't looking right.
  • Options
    TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Made an appointment at Stylish Impressions! Will let you ladies know how it goes :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards