Re: * Roll Call *

• lfreeman24lfreeman24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Name: Lindsay

How you met your FI: We used to work together

Wedding Date and Location:  July 21st, 2012, Mystic Yachting Center

Length of Engagement:  One year and 19 days

ONE vendor, hands down, you would recommend:  The White Dress By the Shore, Uplift Photography, Elements Florist

Best wedding planning tip you have for others: Trust your instincts, and do not worry about pleasing everybody, you and your fiance's opinion are the most important.

One NWR thing you want to tell us:  I've recently become obsessed with Crossfit, its totally changed how I view exercise! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name: Julia

How you met your FI
    : Online (OKCupid)

Wedding Date and Location: 6.8.13, New Haven Lawn Club

Length of Engagement: 22 months

ONE vendor, hands down, you would recommend: New Haven Lawn Club

Best wedding planning tip you have for others: Share the planning w/ *willing* ppl. (to me FI is automatically willing), whether it's through friends or by finding a venue that does most everything in house. I think I'd go bananas if I had to do everything from picking out linens to chairs to decorations, so we got a venue that takes care of the small details. 

One NWR thing you want to tell us: FI and I are moving to Kentucky in June!!! (As a born & raised CT gal I'm a little nervous but mostly pumped for the change)
    Photobucket
  • Name: Maureen
    How you met your FI: Amish Outlaws concert at Rookies :)
    Wedding Date and Location: 06.29.12 at Glastonbury Hills Country Club
    Length of Engagement: Engaged on 08.26.12
    ONE vendor, hands down, you would recommend: So far... the Country Club.  Incredible attention to detail, flexible, organized and very involved management. 
    Best wedding planning tip you have for others: Learn to pick your battles and learn when to just smile and say, "Yes (fill in person's name), that sounds wonderful."
    One NWR thing you want to tell us: Sticking with a sports theme... Boston Sports all the way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name: Jessica
    How you met your FI: Match.com!
    Wedding Date and Location: April 27, 2012 Amarantes
    Length of Engagement: 20 months (Aug 2010-April 2012)
    ONE vendor, hands down, you would recommend: The venue, super easy going, willing to work with my vision and they always answer emails right away!
    Best wedding planning tip you have for others: Don't be afraid to delegate, a few times when i cant reach a vendor or im getting the run around or just having one of those days I tell my Fiance its now his job to get it taken care of, and he does!
    One NWR thing you want to tell us: we are going to Hawaii for our Honeymoon and i cant wait!
  • Name: Sarah
    How you met your FI: Out one night in Hartford
    Wedding Date and Location: Webb Barn 8/31/2012
    Length of Engagement: 1 year 8 months
    ONE vendor, hands down, you would recommend: Emily's Catering and Keith Alan Productions (DJ and photobooth)
    Best wedding planning tip you have for others: Start early and tackle one thing at a time
    One NWR thing you want to tell us: I'm a total adrenaline junkie! And I'm addicted to Crossfit :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CTJennyCTJenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Name: Jenny
    How you met your FI: We met at our cousins wedding. My cousin married his cousin in November 2008.  We had our first date in December 2008 and have been together since. :)
    Wedding Date and Location: March 23, 2013, Fox Hill Inn, Brookfield, CT
    Length of Engagement: One year, two months and about nine days
    ONE vendor, hands down, you would recommend: Classic Brides by Eva in Stratforrd. This is my second wedding (my FH's first) and I will be using her for my gown and the bm's dresses. Eva is fantastic to work with, reasonably priced and good at what she does.
    Best wedding planning tip you have for others: Don't lose sight of what the day actually means.  It is about a marriage, not a party. Take a step back and remember that when things get crazy.
    One NWR thing you want to tell us: I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed Thursday and I'm freaking out!!!
  • Name: Lisa
    How you met your FI: I moved up to CT for a job and one of my cooworkers invited me to a house party where I ment my fiance for the first time.  We were friends for about a year before started dating.
    Wedding Date and Location: Don't know yet.  I would like to have it this fall, but I know planning would be tight.  If not this fall then spring.  My favorite location so far is Wickam Park in Manchester. 
    Length of Engagement: We got engaged the day after Xmas this year, so less then 2 months so far!
    ONE vendor, hands down, you would recommend: Don't have any yet.
    Best wedding planning tip you have for others:     The only one I have is from a friend who didn't have/want bridesmaids.  Even if you don't want the matchyness, designate some friends to be with you getting ready/help out if needed.  You don't have to call them bridesmaids, but having friends around pre-ceromoney makes getting ready more fun!  Also if you have a big dress you'll need help peeing, so friends are good for that.
    One NWR thing you want to tell us:  I'm from Philly (Go Eagles?) and before moving to CT I was in the Peace Corps in Morocco. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards