April 2012 Weddings
Options

Save the Dates, FMIL, and a jog

I'm putting the stamps on our STDs! We went and had them weighed yesterday, just to be sure everything was ok! I'm dropping them in the mail later this week. 6-9 months seems to be the accepted range, and I'm just on the far end lol. 

So you all know my FMIL and how she is a bit interesting (in case you missed it, she went BSC about having no kids at the wedding and acted like she was 5, we compromised and now kids are in fact coming)...well...

We go out there again this weekend. She brings it up. Mind you, we went out 2 weeks ago and no mention was made. All of the drama occurred about a month ago, so I was totally caught off guard. 

She brought it up once with my FI there. We both just wanted to drop it and move on. So then later he goes in the music room with his dad to watch some youtube videos of interesting music stuff. She brings it up to me alone again. I said at least three times that it was fine (in a pleasant tone, not snippy), water under the bridge, it's settled, something of that effect. Well she continued to press the issue, justifying why it's "the right thing" to ask kids. Like she was getting pissed that I wasn't getting riled up. I felt like she was trying to get me upset on purpose because she was not getting the reaction she wanted. 

So then she takes it a step further and compared my relationship with my siblings (half, but who gives a F?) to FI's SECOND COUSINS. He can count on one hand the number of times he has seen them. She claims that because I didn't live with my siblings that long, how close can we be? 

That got me SO mad! I had to really bite my tongue. First of all, how the F can you presume to define a relationship like that? I mean, WOW! Second, the kids on my family are in the WP! Sorry that there are no kids we/FI are close to on his side, but that is the way it is!

Then she defended how small their family was. I told her in a matter of fact way ours is even smaller. We have 12 inviting, they have about 24. It all evens out because I'm having more friends than FI, but again, that wasn't meant to be biitchy, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles! I'm sorry if she doesn't like it. 

So then she goes to bed at 8:30 pm (not the norm for her at all) without saying goodnight to anyone. 

FI says this is just how she is and to ignore it. Just let it go, as we tried to do. I feel very damned if I do, damned if I don't. She didn't like that I had little to nothing to say and then didn't like what I said after the fact. If she thinks I'm going to say, "Oh you're right, we were such aholes for not wanting kids at the wedding" she has another thing coming, as well as similar instances in other issues. 

I just don't get why she had to keep pressing the issue. She got what she wanted! Kids are coming! Let it go! But the bigger question is: 

Why can't she act like an adult and agree to disagree?

I'm out for a jog now...need to clear my mind!
April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards