Connecticut

Intro

I've posted on other non-regional knottie boards, and lurked on here for a while (maybe posted a few times), but I just wanted to introduce myself, since as my wedding date gets closer, I'll probably be looking for some "closer to home" advice (and would love to share my own experiences.)

I'm Coral, and my FI and I are getting married on July 22nd at Saint Clements Castle.  I'm 26 and a full time law student at Pace Law School working an internship this summer as a research assistant.  My FI is 32 and is a vet tech in South Wilton.  We live together in Norwalk.

*waves*
Live.The.Moment.
cSc 7.22.10
planning bio

Re: Intro

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! Hows the planning going?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Your wedding is so close!  You must be so excited.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome!!!  what year are you at Pace?  i graduated Uconn Law a year ago :)
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! Getting married at a castle was my dream as a little girl!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and good luck...July is like tomorrow!
  • edited December 2011
    CORAL!
  • edited December 2011
    KRISTEN!  Congrats on your wedding being so close.
    Live.The.Moment.
    cSc 7.22.10
    planning bio

• megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I'm a fellow St. Clements Bride, but not until 06/2011...can't wait to hear all about it!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for such the warm welcome, it's great to meet other CT knotties.

Tashala - Planning is going fast.  Doesn't help that I literally had to stop for a month for finals at school, so part of this right now is playing catch up lol.  How's yours going?

Starrbuk13 - Just finished my first year.  Been planning a wedding at the same time.  I'm crazy, no?  What sort of law did you pursue?

Jenandcris - It was my dream too, so I marked out for it when I got engaged.
    Live.The.Moment.
    cSc 7.22.10
    planning bio

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_intro-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:e02e7995-9009-4896-8bfb-e59f712ec57dPost:99793cd5-2bb1-4c54-b3f7-12d2f5b0dc8a">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!  I'm a fellow St. Clements Bride, but not until 06/2011...can't wait to hear all about it!
    Posted by megbrooks2011[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know all about it.  It's been great planning there so far.  Which coordinator do you have?
    Live.The.Moment.
    cSc 7.22.10
    planning bio

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_intro-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:e02e7995-9009-4896-8bfb-e59f712ec57dPost:7a9ac587-7a8a-468f-83d8-7d9f6c020d46">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all for such the warm welcome, it's great to meet other CT knotties. Tashala - Planning is going fast.  Doesn't help that I literally had to stop for a month for finals at school, so part of this right now is playing catch up lol.  How's yours going? Starrbuk13 - Just finished my first year.  <strong>Been planning a wedding at the same time.  I'm crazy, no?  What sort of law did you pursue?</strong> Jenandcris - It was my dream too, so I marked out for it when I got engaged.
    Posted by irishxmyst[/QUOTE]

<div>not crazy!!  i was married 2 weeks after the bar exam :)  i know how stressful it is, i promise!!  congrats on surviving your first year...it gets much better from here!  and i practice appellate law primarily, with some civil lit thrown in for fun lol.  what are you thinking of getting into?</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_intro-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:e02e7995-9009-4896-8bfb-e59f712ec57dPost:199bfcad-e501-4885-9868-7aebf32b4185">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : not crazy!!  i was married 2 weeks after the bar exam :)  i know how stressful it is, i promise!!  congrats on surviving your first year...it gets much better from here!  and i practice appellate law primarily, with some civil lit thrown in for fun lol.  what are you thinking of getting into?
    Posted by starrbuk13[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I want to go into criminal law/prosecution.  I worked for the Manhattan DA office (family violence/child abuse bureau) as a paralegal before I went into law school, and I loved it.  So far, I haven't come across anything I like better.
    Live.The.Moment.
    cSc 7.22.10
    planning bio

• megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_intro-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:e02e7995-9009-4896-8bfb-e59f712ec57dPost:98a8da27-3af3-4458-9df0-6778bbef99a2">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : I'll let you know all about it.  It's been great planning there so far.  Which coordinator do you have?

Definitely let me!  We had been working with Judy, but she got promoted and honestly I don't remember the new coordinators name.  Shoot.  I have the letter somewhere telling me.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_intro-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:e02e7995-9009-4896-8bfb-e59f712ec57dPost:e17b27cf-e77e-47b3-ae17-f9c145a0960a">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Definitely let me!  We had been working with Judy, but she got promoted and honestly I don't remember the new coordinators name.  Shoot.  I have the letter somewhere telling me.
    Posted by megbrooks2011[/QUOTE]

Ah...let me know who.  I've been working with Pam the whole time.  She's super awesome, and a force of nature.  But really the whole St. Clem's crew is good.  Just met with Donna (the cake baker they contract with) this past weekend.  She's nice and her cakes taste amazing.  Most of my vendors have come of St. Clem's reference list so if you have any questions about them, feel free to ask.
    Live.The.Moment.
    cSc 7.22.10
    planning bio

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_intro-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:e02e7995-9009-4896-8bfb-e59f712ec57dPost:38fa3c3a-eeb2-473d-aaf8-87add8b48fc6">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Thanks!  I want to go into criminal law/prosecution.  I worked for the Manhattan DA office (family violence/child abuse bureau) as a paralegal before I went into law school, and I loved it.  So far, I haven't come across anything I like better.

<div>that's great!  a good friend of mine is in the brooklyn DA's office right now.  she actually hates it lol, but she's had a bad experience, i think.  she's been deferred from her firm for a year, so they sent her there.  she had very high hopes, but apparently it's been kind of a nightmare.  </div><div>
    </div><div>i would say just get as much experience as you can clerking in DAs offices during your summers!  and if your law school has a criminal law clinic or anything like that, DEFINITELY take it!  clinics are great ways to make connections and get jobs when you're all done!  good luck :)</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_intro-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:e02e7995-9009-4896-8bfb-e59f712ec57dPost:8a8e75f6-681c-43f2-92a6-d86503f16645">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : that's great!  a good friend of mine is in the brooklyn DA's office right now.  she actually hates it lol, but she's had a bad experience, i think.  she's been deferred from her firm for a year, so they sent her there.  she had very high hopes, but apparently it's been kind of a nightmare.   i would say just get as much experience as you can clerking in DAs offices during your summers!  and if your law school has a criminal law clinic or anything like that, DEFINITELY take it!  clinics are great ways to make connections and get jobs when you're all done!  good luck :)
    Posted by starrbuk13[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I plan to do both the prosecution externships that my school offers.  Also this fall I'm doing a family court externship (representing DV victims) to get some more court room experience.  (Plus they say after you do the family court externship, it is easier to get accepted to the prosecution ones).  Plus I keep in touch with my contacts at the Manhattan DA, and anyone else I meet.  DA offices aren't for everyone, plus if your friend is just sort of there short term, she's probably not getting the better cases.  Though from what I've heard, although Brooklyn has the 2nd best special victims bureau in the city, the organization of the office is sort of a nightmare (or at least that's what I've heard when I worked in Manhattan), so this also could be a contributing factor to her bad experience.  Hope things work out for her.
    Live.The.Moment.
    cSc 7.22.10
    planning bio

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards