Connecticut
Options

HELP! Reception Venue Questions!

Hi Everyone! My FI and I are meeting with our first reception venue tomorrow at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills in Middletown. We are super excited, since we've fallen in love with it from pictures. Hopefully it lives up to our expectations! Smile

New to planning so all of this is kinda overwhelming haha Does anyone know where I can find a good resource or lists of questions to ask??? I have so many questions, I'm afraid I'll forget!

Any advice would be great!
Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
planning bio

Re: HELP! Reception Venue Questions!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Tash!! Glad to see you finally posting on here =)

I had a list of questions we asked, let me see if I can find it. I'm sure the ladies will give you some help, as well! They are fabulous!
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    might want to try the Real Simple Weddings magazine - I think there's some pointers in there. Also, the wedding planning binders you can get from barnes and noble has some good insights and pointers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a list of questions too if Melissa can't find her's.  Just email me if you'd like it clee5910 at gmail dot com.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have one as well at home, let me know if you want it.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have a list too if you need it.. you can definitely find a standard list of good questions by googling.

But also think -- what is most important to you?  Everyone is a bit different.  I had one friend who really wanted her own private bathroom in the bridal suite so she wouldn't be hiking up her dress alongside guests.  For me, I needed my venue that would be flexible with the beer (random, right?) because my fiance is a homebrewer and we love craft beer.  That sort of thing, you know?
    Married 4/30/11
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree with tanny!

I was right there on specifics that I wanted (bridal suite for our large BP & bathroom, nice grounds for pictures, seperate cocktail etc.) so take a standard list & then totally tweek it to what you are looking for specifically.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the awesome advice ladies! :) I'll check those lists out.

We started a list of our important things, but I keep thinking I'm going to forget something important... I'll keep you all posted!

planning bio
  • Options
    romyjm8romyjm8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You can always ask questions later.  I remember on my home, thinking of like 4 other things.

Don't feel pressured to make a decision on the spot and any venue should be more than happy to answer them hours or days after.

Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We fell in LOVE and booked it!!! So glad it was exactly what we wanted it to be!!!

May 21, 2011 at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills!!!!

Thanks for all the help ladiesss!
    :)

planning bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Very exciting.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards