Connecticut

Emily's Catering - Share your menu!

It's been almost a year since I've booked them and we are now working on finalizing the menu.  For those of you that have used Emily's or are planning on using them are there any recommendations regarding menu or drink selections?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Emily's Catering - Share your menu!

• Mmmmm they're the best!

At the tasting, their Emily's Salad and Caesar Salad were both incredible.  This was no mediocre caesar salad - it was delicious!

For their dinner entree, at our tasting we had the strip steak with mushroom risotto and I swear I'll dream about that meal for weeks.  Also, their mahi-mahi kabobs on top of couscous was kind of incredible.  I liked the salmon they gave us, but in comparison it wasn't as earth shattering.  Seriously, I'd rank the strip steak and mahi-mahi as one of my top meals that year - the salmon would definitely be a top meal for that month.  Get my point?

For desserts, their chocolate torte with raspberry filling made my Dad swoon, and their tiramisu was amazing - not traditional, but VERY good! 

For our menu, we're doing 8 different passed appetizers, a 'grazing table' of vegetarian mediterranean appetizers, and cocktails - sangria & mint tea-ni.  For dinner, we're having 5 different stations - they're doing a tossed salad station on high-top tables ("raising the bar"), a risotto & crepe station with pommes frites, an asian seafood station with orange glazed salmon, grilled vegetables & shrimp fried rice, a middle eastern station with carved lamb, tzaziki sauce, and couscous, and a latin american grill station with flank steak, chicken, and mahi-mahi kebobs with grilled veggies.

For dessert, we're having a selection of finger desserts (including that chocolate torte & tiramisu) and a make-your-own fruit & berry shortcake station.

Anniversary

• Our tentative menu includes a signature drink (arnold palmer with voda) and a gourmet BBQ entree. The meal will be served with beef brisket, BBQ chicke or pulled pork, corn bread, and a mini crock of mac n cheese on each plate. Our sides will be served family style. For dessert we are planning a table of pies and cookies, some or all of which will be made my Emily's. We are excited to be working with Rick!
  • We're having 13 appetizers, cheese/cracker table, a salad course, pasta course (pumpkin ravioli, as FI and I love pumpking and getting married in Sept.), 3 entrees (pre-selected, choice of salom, chicken or pork), wedding cake, and an autumn dessert table-pies, cookies, coffee, tea and cider.  We're doing a white bar- 2 reds, 2 whites, 4 beers and signature cocktail
  • We are having an antipasto table, passed apps scallops and bacon was non negotiable with the FI. Grilled jalepeno stuffed with cream cheese, mini grilled cheese and tomato soup, Tuna tartar and I forget what else. In addition we have created a "long dist relationship" table with food from each area that has meaning to our life since we lived apart for a few years. Smoked salmon for Seattle, crock of NE clam chowder for New England and grilled peaches wrapped in prosciutto for georgia. We are also having a chips and salsa bar, I'm obsessed. Dinner is Emily's signature salad, which is field greens Gorgonzola craisins and walnuts. Then we are serving some chicken dish,NY Strip and what I am most excited about is ricks RED SNAPPER. If u like fish I highly highly recommend this. Then for dessert we are doing cupcakes an a mini cannollis tower.
    www.petanolucci.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards