Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon Registry??

2»

Re: Honeymoon Registry??

• Options
    Has anyone registered through a travel agancy for the honeymoon? MY fiance and I are an already established couple so the normal registry items really dont interest us (i.e things for a home). But we are pretty much at $0 budget for the honeymoon

Whoa, I feel like the sacrificial lamb here!

I think that question was pretty direct, excuse me if it wasnt. Its funny that there are alot of you complaining about this being posted a thousand times but yet still have the time to comment SEVERAL times back and forth.

Different strokes for different folks. Like I said previously, the question was only that, a question. It did not specify if the HM registry was my intention or not so the direct hits and assumptions were completely unnecessary. BTW, yes I do think its a good idea. Traditional, traditional, traditional. I would love to hear that you all will be wearing white on your wedding day, and that you are all virgins, never been married before, never lived together, have the perfect house with the perfect white fence awaiting your arrival after your glorious wedding that your fathers have paid for. But um...its 2010 people. The only thing that is consistent is CHANGE.

To those of you who were in fact "helpful" ....thankyou.Laughing To those of you who needed to get your rocks off....Good luck to you and any decision you make for YOUR wedding im sure will be wonderful Wink.

Good Luck to all the beautiful brides to be!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-registry-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:6fe96078-db41-4247-8520-3df84e6b5798Post:95b7ab3d-2399-44fd-a553-ecae2212198c">Re: Honeymoon Registry??</a>:
    [QUOTE]To your "traditional" comments ... see my previous post.. here it is for you! And it isn't just that it's "non-traditional." It's because it's in poor etiquette. It's asking your guests for money -- which is a huge etiquette no-no. Just because it's becoming popular does not make it any less tacky. Etiquette, which is good manners, does not change with time. It is a constant. So, having a HR, regardless of whether it is "traditional" or not, is still tacky because it is in POOR ETIQUETTE.You want to wear a pink dress? Fine. You aren't showing poor manners by wearing a pink dress. It's not traditional, but it is not poor etiquette. See the difference? Personally, I wanted to be a gracious hostess on my wedding day and the days leading up to it, so I followed etiquette. But do what you want. "Different strokes for different folks."
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

OMG...i feel like i'm taking crazy pills !!
    when you registered for your blender....were you "asking" someone to buy it for you???  NO!  you registered for it so that your guests would know what to give you as a gift.

same thing goes for HMR's.  you are not "asking" for cash.  you're not "asking" for anything at all.  it is simply a way to tell your guests what you'd like as a gift.  just the same as a Macy's registry or whatever you chose.

registering does not = "asking" for anything. 
  • Options
    I wish there was a "like" button on here, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards