Nebraska

Alterations?

Does anyone have suggestions on where to get a wedding dress altered in Omaha? I'm hoping to not spend a whole lot and my bridal salon quote seemed unnecessarily high. Thanks! 
August 6, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Alterations?

• edited December 2011
    Jack's Tailor on Maple is great--have had bridesmaid dresses done there, but I do not know about a bridal gown.  I am sure they would do a great job though, and the prices were great!
  • edited December 2011
    Designs by Karen in Papillion. Karen is really nice and easy to work with. She's actually making my lady's dresses, but she does alterations too.

http://designsbykarenonline.com/
  • cerissacerissa member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Karen Tangeman in Papillion.  She reworked the entire bodice of my gown and it looked awesome!  I also ended up getting my tiara from her too.  She did the bustle on my gown and  pressed the gown before the wedding for me.   She's awesome!
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Linda Lee in Council Bluffs! She charges $90 for alterations and a bustle (unless you get a french bustle which is a lot more work and a lot more materials to add on to the dress to make it work, so she adds and extra $40 I think. it's still a great deal). And then if you get your wedding dress done there, if you need your flower girl dress done she only charges $10, and I brought one of my bridesmaids in and she needs quite a bit done, and she charged me $25. So for my dress, my daughter, and my BM, I spent $125.

She does great work. She's a talker, but if you don't mind that, she's a super super sweet lady, and her prices are unbeatable =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards