Florida-Central Florida

Alterations question

I need to get my first fitting the week of March 15 because that is when I will be home and I won't be home until June after that.  I have heard all the wonderful reviews about the lady that comes to your house and I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing by only calling her.  My dress shop told me it would be around $150 for alterations before the dress came in (when it came in it was WAY to big and they didnt tell me a new price so I just feel like it would be more).  I have to get it taken in like about an inch on each side and shortened and maybe some work on the belt (I don't like the sparkles on it and want something else on it).  Is she easy to understand and easy to work with?  I just want to make sure I am making the right decision! haha  I am one of those people that research almost everything before they buy it!

Re: Alterations question

• edited December 2011
    Jeanine is very easy to work with. She's got a very French accent, but you won't have any trouble understanding her, and she'll tell you if something won't work, but she can do just about anything. She charged me about a quarter of what the bridal shoppe said they would charge and she's done beautiful work. If your dress came in that much too big, I would bet they're going to charge you more than $150 to alter it. 

Yes, I think you're doing the right thing by talking to Jeanine. She'll look at everything, mark places to take it in, tell you how much it will be, and if you feel like it's more than you'd pay at the salon (highly unlikely), just tell her thank you for her time and ask her what you owe her for that visit.  Go for it, girl! :)
  • edited December 2011
    ok thanks!  I am going to call her in the morning!
  • ericak926ericak926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes call Jeanine! I just met her today for my 1st fitting and she is DA BOMB! And her prices are amazing. I want a lot of little things so I thought it would be expensive but she is super affordable.
    Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I just made an appointment with her for March 15!!!!!!!! I'll let ya'll know how it goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards