Florida-Central Florida
Options

Magazine quotes needed

Hey Knotties,

I need ideas for the magazine. We’ll use your Knot Name for this, so you’ll be “wedding famous” here! I need to know what you’re are doing or what you did to make your wedding special. Maybe you have an awesome theme or are serving an amazing midnight snack? Maybe you’re using your parents’ cake toppers or are wearing your mom’s dress. Whatever it is, I want to know! The more specific, the better!

Thanks,

KA

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Magazine quotes needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had lots of little things that were really "us" instead of the standard wedding concept. We served gelato instead of having favours because we have an unhealthy addiction to gelato and had glass bird-shaped bud vases on the cake because I'm a birdwatcher. We had a crazy mash-up of all of my favourite bright colours and 'variations on a theme' centrepieces so it looked like we'd picked the flowers from a really kickin' garden instead of every table looking the same. We used rather unorthodox music for our intros (Squirrel Nut Zippers) and first dance (Dean Martin's "Ain't That a Kick in the Head"), and found a local guy with a turquoise '55 Chevy Bel-Aire to drive us away from the reception to really play up our vintage/Old Hollywood theme. 

So... that's a lot. Hope it helps. :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I are both from the South; tradition and heritage are very important to both of us so we chose to lace little touches of both throughout our day. We named our tables after cities throughout the South so I had framed pictures from each one as the table numbers. He and his guys wore tailcoats and top-hats and carried canes - my brother-in-law even wore a monocle!  My girls wore long dresses with little trains and the five of us carried parasols for pictures. Our reception was held in a historic ballroom -- we did our best to transport our guests back in time but we stopped short of asking people to wear antebellum costumes and hoop skirts, a la 27 Dresses :)
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
  • Options
    AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We made elements of our wedding very personal to us with a lot of DIY projects. I designed the invitations and, with the help of my mom and sister, hand-embossed each one. I made my dress, so it holds more sentimental value to me than any dress that I would have purchased.

For our venue, we knew we wanted something more unique, so we picked a rooftop with a great view of downtown. For the reception, we hired a balloon artist, which gave the kids (and the adults, too) something fun to take home in addition to the favors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are both serious poker players, it's a huge part of our lives! For our table numbers, we ordered playing cards that had silver print! For each table we bought a frame and put a poker hand in it, using the cards..Royal Flush, Straight Flush, etc etc!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards