Florida-Central Florida
Options

Hotels Near Disney?

My BF and I are going on a vacation next February. We're planning to stay near Disney/Epcot during the week. Can anyone recommend any hotels in the $150-200/night price range? It doesn't have to be fancy, but I would like something with a balcony or nice view.

I'm also hoping for something more adult than those geared toward kids, but I realize that's going to be hard to find so close to Disney World. :)

Re: Hotels Near Disney?

• Options
    Try the Hotel Royal Plaza near Downtown Disney.  Nice, reasonably priced. Ask for the Epcot view and you will see the fireworks from your balcony. Most of the hotels in the Downtown Disney area would fit into your budget and all are pretty decent.
  • Options
    I don't know the price range, but the Peabody is really popular. I love it there, I grew up going there for Disney trips. They have ducks!! lol
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    You can book a resort near Disney property for that price range using Hotwire's hot deals or Priceline's bidding program.  Find recent bids here: http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

*You will definitely get a better price on these discount sites than paying full price through other sources (I'm a local.)  As for a view, just pick a four star, five star, or resort in the Lake Buena Vista/Disney Maingate area and you'll be fine.   TripAdvisor is a good place to check for reviews and standard pricing on hotels and resorts.  http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34515-Orlando_Florida-Hotels.html

f you really want to pay for the view, pick a Disney resort (The Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Wilderness Lodge have amazing views but are way out of your price range.)  Disney resorts are worth it for the free transportation alone (Moderate & Value resorts are in your price range; typically Value will have the most kids.)

As for avoiding kids, not going to happen unless you come during the off season which is from mid-September to early December (except for Thanksgiving) and again from mid-January to before Spring Break (mid-March).  Any time school is out, you will find tons of kids at pretty much all of the resorts.

Edit:  I see you are planning to come in February.  Great idea!  Avoid the Princess Marathon in late February unless you plan to run it (tons and tons of people travel from all over to run in the Disney Marathons in Jan & Feb.)  It's also spring training time for the Braves (among a few other teams) and games are cheap to catch at the ESPN Wide World of Sports on Disney property.
  • Options
    Blue Heron Beach Resort. It's located on Lake Bryan and gives you a beutiful, scenic view. It's located only a few minutes away from Disney property.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We booked a block of rooms at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel and Spa for our wedding last month.  Not only was it very reasonably priced for all our guests, the amenities and the staff were amazing!  They are more geared towards adults (no Mickey Mouse stuff everywhere), but they do have stuff for kids like a kid pool, playground, and slide. Free parking, nice comfy and clean rooms, onsite steakhouse and sports bar.  Really nice spa with it's own pool.  All my guests were raving about how nice of a stay they had for such a reasonable price. Oh, and they have a free shuttle to all the disney parks and attractions.  Right across from Downtown Disney too!!!  Contact Ben Grossman...he's so wonderful and will help answer any questions and give you quotes (day or night!!!)  Good luck with your planning, I hope my suggestion helps! (oh, btw, we have stayed there a few times, and each time we get a room with a balcony and really nice view of either downtown disney, lake buena vista, or of a far off epcot where you can actually see the fireworks at night. :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_hotels-near-disney?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:84c0749b-3054-42ab-967d-9c829aebafb8Post:87ef3d4d-a1f8-4439-8c73-6ef9118ae408">Hotels Near Disney?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My BF and I are going on a vacation next February. We're planning to stay near Disney/Epcot during the week. Can anyone recommend any hotels in the $150-200/night price range? It doesn't have to be fancy, but I would like something with a balcony or nice view. I'm also hoping for something more adult than those geared toward kids, but I realize that's going to be hard to find so close to Disney World. :)
    Posted by eirwyn[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    We booked a block of rooms at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel and Spa for our wedding last month. Not only was it very reasonably priced for all our guests, the amenities and the staff were amazing! They are more geared towards adults (no Mickey Mouse stuff everywhere), but they do have stuff for kids like a kid pool, playground, and slide. Free parking, nice comfy and clean rooms, onsite steakhouse and sports bar. Really nice spa with it's own pool. All my guests were raving about how nice of a stay they had for such a reasonable price. Oh, and they have a free shuttle to all the disney parks and attractions. Right across from Downtown Disney too!!! Contact Ben Grossman...he's so wonderful and will help answer any questions and give you quotes (day or night!!!) Good luck with your planning, I hope my suggestion helps! (oh, btw, we have stayed there a few times, and each time we get a room with a balcony and really nice view of either downtown disney, lake buena vista, or of a far off epcot where you can actually see the fireworks at night. :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_hotels-near-disney?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:84c0749b-3054-42ab-967d-9c829aebafb8Post:87ef3d4d-a1f8-4439-8c73-6ef9118ae408">Hotels Near Disney?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My BF and I are going on a vacation next February. We're planning to stay near Disney/Epcot during the week. Can anyone recommend any hotels in the $150-200/night price range? It doesn't have to be fancy, but I would like something with a balcony or nice view. I'm also hoping for something more adult than those geared toward kids, but I realize that's going to be hard to find so close to Disney World. :)
    Posted by eirwyn[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards