Florida-Central Florida
Options

Catering

Hey ladies! I am in need of your assistance.  My fiance and I were in Orlando for Christmas and were able to pick our our two venues: Leu Gardens and the Farmer's Market in Winter Park.  We will be having a morning ceremony (10am) and a lunch reception (11-2).  This being said, I didn't want to have a huge catering bill for a lunch and every place I've discussed with has quoted me $23+ per person.  I am wanting a caterer to come in, provide their service, potentially linens, and a casual lunch.  Ideally, we'd want about $10-$15 per person. Any suggestions?

Re: Catering

• Options
    you may need to go to a resturant, like California Pizza for the food and buy or rent the linens sperately. I"m not doing a lunch reception but 23pp is actually really good!

Links for Linens:
    http://www.cvlinens.com/shopping_cart.php
    http://www.linentablecloth.com/chair-covers-and-sashes/chair-covers/banquet-chair-covers.html

California Pizza
    http://www.cpk.com/catering/menu/

Just an idea. GL :)
  • Options
    I'd really like to find a place that is cheaper if possible, of course, but I fear $23 pp is the cheapest.  I live in Dallas and the caterer I know is $10-25 pp and their work is amazing!
  • Options
    If you are doing lunch you could go with panera bread , they don't have linens though
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    If you can use whoever you want, Panera and other regular restaurants will be your best option. Be sure that your venue allows anyone to come in because I'm pretty sure Leu Gardens doesn't. We are using 4 Rivers Smokehouse and their catering starts at $10pp, but I don't know if you want to go that route. TooJay's Deli and Macaroni Grill also do catering for a reasonable amount. The only drawback to these type restaurants is that you will have to provide your own linens (I found it's cheaper to buy if you can get them on sale) and if you want more than just plastic silverware and plates, you will have to buy those also. You will also have no servers, which will probably be fine. 4 Rivers has the option for them to stay and serve the food buffet style for $2 more pp. It really depends on what you want. Breaking all the costs down, it might not be much of a savings over the regular caterer.
  • Options
    You might want to try Tolla's, an Italian restaurant in Winter Park. They do catering, I'm not sure how much, but I think it's less than $23. I don't think they would do breakfast, but lunch might work. Where have you looked already?
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Just to clarify, my ceremony is at Leu Gardens and my reception is at the Farmer's Market.   I can use whomever I would like for catering.  So far, I've looked at Arthurs, Puff n' Stuff, cocktails catering, and numerous others.   I am definitely going to check out these other options as well but as previous posts stated, when you add in the cost of linens, plates, etc, the cost might be the same as $23 pp.
  • Options
    Try Meiner's catering...not sure what they would be for lunch prices but I know they are incredibly affordable for dinner menues!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards