Florida-Central Florida

Reception Location- Check Ceremony Location -? Help Please

Hello,

I have our wedding reception set at a hotel. But I really have my heart set on getting married in a church. I live in Tampa and decided to get married in Altamonte Springs since I have family that live in the area that can help with the wedding. My parent's church will be under construction during the date of the wedding and so far some of the churches that I contacted in the area either say the date is reserved or they prefer to marry couples who are members of their church. It is difficult to do a major search when I live in Tampa and sometimes it is hard to get to Altamonte Springs to check out churches.Frown

Are there any recommendations out there in the Altamonte Springs area? I am hoping that I overlooked  a church and there is one out there that could help.

Thank you!!

Re: Reception Location- Check Ceremony Location -? Help Please

• jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could be totally wrong, but I thought irisheyez was getting married at a church in Altamonte.. maybe try putting a shout out to her?
  • edited December 2011

Thank you Jennifer I will look her up Smile 

• Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She is getting married in Altamonte, I think it's a Catholic church. Do you have a denomination preference? I go to church in Alt, but it's not very pretty on the inside, so I wouldn't recommend it. Where is the hotel too? It could be close enough to be able to pick a church in Lake Mary.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • ssj2ssj2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the First Methodist Church in Winter Park?  Is that too far from your reception location?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My reception will take place at the Embassy suites in altamonte springs. I grew up in the Episcopal church but I currently attend a nondemoninational church.

I tried contacting  a methodist church in altamonte and I was told that the minister preferred not to marry a nonmember. I am not sure if this is the belief of the methodist church or just this particular minister. But I am willing to try the one in Winter park.

Thank you for the recommendation. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards